86 mc1 10M Drip Feed issue

Thread: 86 mc1 10M Drip Feed issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 86 mc1 10M Drip Feed issue

Hello all,
    I posted this in a Fadal thread dealing with DNC, but perhaps my target audience is here.

I have searched and tried everything I can think of to no avail. Hopefully someone here has seen something similar.
    '86 Kitamura MC1, Fanuc 10m, old desktop running XP. Smart DNC software.
    When I initially started trying to drip feed to the machine, I was getting buffer overflow alarms.
    I slowed the baud rate, increased the delay, etc. and still had no luck.
    I began searching the web forums and product pages for more information. DNC software companies have parameter settings
    for my control posted (what works well with their SW), so I tried changing things in mine. I have only made it worse.
    When I try to drip a program now,I usually get a few characters followed by PS125 ILLEGAL EXPRESSION FORMAT alarm.
    I cannot even figure out what I changed to get it to this point. When I pull all the safety lines out of the top of the program it will send in perhaps
    100 characters or so at once before displaying the PS125 alarm. I recorded what it received due to it erroring out so quickly. The video shows the first
    maybe 15 lines of the program but all 1s and 7s are missing. I drip fed this machine years ago so I know it can do it but I have fubared the thing so badly
    I'm out of ideas.
    Also, I am able to transfer complete programs into the machine without issue using my current port and DNC settings/machine parameters.

If any gurus here can offer me some advice I will be most grateful.