MyCenter-1 Fanuc 0M - M6 Command ?

Thread: MyCenter-1 Fanuc 0M - M6 Command ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MyCenter-1 Fanuc 0M - M6 Command ?

Hi All,

Just getting an old 1995 MyCenter-1 up and running. My question is: what Tool Change commands are you using with a Fanuc 0M control system?

My cam program just outputs T1 M6; for the tool change command.

Does this need to be prefixed with a G91 G28 Z0 ?

Does the M6 command point towards a tool change macro that I am possibly missing?

The problem is that the spindle does NOT move back up into it's home position and the machine just pauses when issued the T1 M6.

If I home it up to Z0 then it goes forward with the tool change.

I can manually make tool changes with this machine. it has the 20-tool side mount changer.

Thanks for any info !

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MyCenter-1 Fanuc 0M - M6 Command ?

I have that vintage Kitamura with a Yasnac control and yes, you do have to return home before calling up the tool change macro with the M06 command. It's probably easiest to build it into your post. Alternatively, depending on your comfort level with editing macros, you could modify the tool change macro to include it there.

Quote Originally Posted by prc104 View Post
    Hi All,

Just getting an old 1995 MyCenter-1 up and running. My question is: what Tool Change commands are you using with a Fanuc 0M control system?

My cam program just outputs T1 M6; for the tool change command.

Does this need to be prefixed with a G91 G28 Z0 ?

Does the M6 command point towards a tool change macro that I am possibly missing?

The problem is that the spindle does NOT move back up into it's home position and the machine just pauses when issued the T1 M6.

If I home it up to Z0 then it goes forward with the tool change.

I can manually make tool changes with this machine. it has the 20-tool side mount changer.

Thanks for any info !

Downloads
    Uploads

The 0M-C and D use PRM 240, 241, & 242 to call subprograms O9001, O9002, and O9003 respectively. I'm not sure if these are the same for the older models (MA & MB)

So if you look at PRM 240-242 and see a 06 in one of them, you should know what subprogram it's supposed to run when it sees M06.

I doubt if this is the problem, though, as you should be getting an alarm when it doesn't find the subprogram in the memory.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just as a follow up, there is no 06 in PRM 240, 241, & 242 (or in that range). I found an old G-Code program in memory and it just makes an M6 call for the tool change.

Tool change does work with a G91 G28 Z0 prefacing the Tx M6 command. I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Anyone have gcode they want to post I would be interested.

Thanks!