K2CNC/MACH3 stops in middle of job - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K2CNC/MACH3 stops in middle of job

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: K2CNC/MACH3 stops in middle of job

The kind with the EMI protection in a power strip are no where near as good as the units I shared the link for, they have very few component inside.

For the false e-stop this is also driven by noise. The easiest way to fix this issue is to add a 24V relay. Depending on how you have wired your estop circuit you basically make it so the estop circuit carries 24V. The contacts of the relay will be connected to the input port of the controller and the other side of the contact will go to ground. What you are actually doing is converting the TTL logic into 24V logic as noise will not impact the higher voltage it is so far above the noise level it is never impacted. If you send a diagram of your current estop circuit I can help draw you the replacement circuit. All commercial machines use 24V logic to avoid noise issues.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Russ,

I have order a bunch of Ferrite Cores and will look into getting the EMI protection.

An interesting development today as I was running some tests. I had set my xyz zero location on the machine and then I had just left it for about ten minutes, nothing was running. When I returned I had noticed that MACH 3 had tripped into the Emergency Reset, and although I was able to reset MACH 3 the CNC was totally unresponsive. Had to power down, unplug and power back up to get it to respond.

Could this be systematic of a faulty limit switch just tripping on its own, or do you think this is still some EMI issue causing the issue.... or do I have more than one issue?

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,
    No, this is not a faulty limit switch this is all EMI interference. Trust me I ran into all these same issues and was going completely crazy, very frustrating to figure out exactly what is wrong. I can recall but if I did not already recommend it, please also get a USB isolator. These little units make sure nothing from the CNC control or VFD travels into the computer. They have internal DC/DC converters and stop all EMI from impacting the PC. I use one of these and at the end of the usb cable that plugs into the KFLOP, take and wind the USB cable through one of the Ferrite Cores you ordered. Take two or three turns through the core, then plug it into the KFLOP.

USB Isolator
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-speed-...0AAOSwtRxZ0ThF

On the ESTOP this is due to noise causing intermittent issues with the signal coming into the KFLOP estop input.

Implement the circuit below and all those issues will disappear.

K2CNC/MACH3 stops in middle of job-24v-logic-estop-jpg

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe you have resolved your issue, but I thought I would let you know my discovery. I have an older K2cnc also. I had a very similar issue, random stopping,occasionally the enable button would be lit, requiring me to push the button to get going again.
    For me, it was on the z axis servo, the adapter from the ethernet to the servo encoder was loose right at the top of the servo. It looked like some hot glue was used to make the connection, and thru the years had worked loose, but only occasionally. To get me back up, I just ran a strap around to hold it in place. No problems since. In the pic you posted, it's the very top of the servo, the white rectangle behind the dc power wires.

Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I am sure it would be a good idea to make sure all those cables are making a good connection and are secure. For me it was X-axis that would show up being tripped on the diagnostics tab. Just to be sure I replaced the limit switch. So far with all the tweaks I have done I have not had the problem, so I am hoping it is fixed. Russ was a great help with the EMI interference. Do you happen to have an owners manual for the K2?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello lumenire,

Did this fix work? I'm having similar problems. Also do you have any pics?

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hackettja View Post
    Hello lumenire,

Did this fix work? I'm having similar problems. Also do you have any pics?

-Jason
    It did not eliminate the problem completely, but the frequency is much, much less. What would you like a picture of?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12