Joe's 2006 back in action!

Thread: Joe's 2006 back in action!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Joe's 2006 back in action!

I got the 2006 I bought from David Da Costa back up and running! I purchased the 311AXYZ kit for Motiontek for my controllers and motors. I built the electronics into a nice aluminum electronics enclosure I had laying around and I had no problems building the kit and everything worked straight away.

I'll be posting pics and videos soon to show my controler box and the machine back in action cutting parts.

I do have one question. On the X-Axis it's considerably louder than the Y or Z axis. When the X-Axis is in motion there is a loud ticking sound not present on any other axis this happens when jogging or running G-Code. I have been trying to determine the source and I believe it is related to the spring backlash thingy on the X-Axis.

I just want to know is that normal for this machine or what? I would like to quiet it down like the other two Axis if possible. What can I do rid the X-Axis of that sound it just sounds off.

Robert Monroe Turner

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Look forward to seeing the machine again, If you take a video showing the noise and when it occurs would help diagnose it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Joe,

Actually it was a simple matter of adjusting he tension on the acme screw. I tightened it up a bit and now it sounds really smooth.

Today is the big day, I'll be cutting parts for the first time this afternoon.

Joe, your designs make CNC possible for the working man like me. One thing about the 2006 even though it's made of MDF and HDPE it looks great the machine has style.

Robert

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertmonroe View Post
    Thanks Joe,

Actually it was a simple matter of adjusting he tension on the acme screw. I tightened it up a bit and now it sounds really smooth.

Today is the big day, I'll be cutting parts for the first time this afternoon.

Joe, your designs make CNC possible for the working man like me. One thing about the 2006 even though it's made of MDF and HDPE it looks great the machine has style.

Robert
    Allot of your machines looks are contributed to David, he did a good job on the build, I think everyone liked watching his build come together.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No doubt, David did a fantastic job with this machine. I'm sure his 4x4 hybred will be impressive. The style I was referring to is your design the profile of the gantry, etc... real cool.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its a great machine. I still use mine all the time. Someday I may build a 4x4, but this machine is so good its hard to justify!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some pics of my Joe's 2006 with the new motors, cables and the controller box I built. The motors are 311oz. Everything works great!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks great, bet its running well! Nice XLRs!

Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to see the Pictures, but they are not working

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll have the pictures back up by tomorrow my website went down over the weekend.