Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid - Page 71

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 216168697071
Results 1,401 to 1,418 of 1418

Thread: Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome... thanks for the sneak, peak, Joe. Is the price about the same?

Brandon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Send me an email and I'll send you a new macro in a few days.
    Did u get my mail Gerry?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cbrandonb View Post
    Awesome... thanks for the sneak, peak, Joe. Is the price about the same?

Brandon
    The cost to build the machine is about the same, This is a full metal machine, No MDF or Plastic, There are some portions of the design you really can not see in the photo, which make the machine very easy to build and adjust.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid-joes-cnc-evo-sample-jpg  
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    The cost to build the machine is about the same, This is a full metal machine, No MDF or Plastic, There are some portions of the design you really can not see in the photo, which make the machine very easy to build and adjust.
    I have been looking at buying a cnc for some time now. I make skateboards and I think that it would be a wise investment for me and the Joes CNC seems like it fits my needs just right since I would only be running the CNC for a few hours a day. With the new EVO would you be making any kits? You say that it is all metal but does that mean that I would need some metal machinery and a welder in order to make it? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyz View Post
    I have been looking at buying a cnc for some time now. I make skateboards and I think that it would be a wise investment for me and the Joes CNC seems like it fits my needs just right since I would only be running the CNC for a few hours a day. With the new EVO would you be making any kits? You say that it is all metal but does that mean that I would need some metal machinery and a welder in order to make it? Thanks.
    I have made an aluminum casting kit, which i have sold to some existing members, we have 5 machine being built now, although I have not finished the plans, the machine is pretty easy to build, I sent them a e-drawing which shows the machine in 3D to the ones building the machine.

No real welding unless you use a steel base, Some use Unistrut base and others have built a very solid wooded base, several examples of those in the forum.

Here is a picture of a couple of them as they were being built. (hope they do not mind me posting them)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid-gantry-004-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid-imag0934-jpg  
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have read the entire thread (whew...lots to read)...and just purchased the plans from Joe's website. I will be back to the states in a couple months and start building. I built a smaller machine about 2 years ago and love it, I am ready for a bigger machine. Looking forward to getting home and starting the build.

Great work Joe and everyone else that has contributed to this thread. I can't wait to start.

Erik

Downloads
    Uploads

Way back in post 72...http://www.cnczone.com/forums/318440-post72.html
    there was one of the final mentions of the rapid tool changer. I believe that Joe had thoughts of making an ATC using it as depicted in other threads. I believe they used slots in a row with large E-clips to hold the inserts. There were also macros developed to position for exchange of tools.

Are there any out there that have not shelved this tool changer?

Are they too inconvenient because of their speed limitations?
    Who's still using it...if anyone?

Shoptask rebuild:
    [url]http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139[/url]
    Home built gantry router:
    [url]http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5049[/url]

Downloads
    Uploads

I came across this thread in '09 and bookmarked it to read when I finished my X3 mill conversion. After many projects and delays.... that project stalled.... but now I'm resurecting it and pushing to complete

Now, I can't believe I read the whole thing..... all 1,407 posts.... and took 7 pages of notes...

Needless to say, my head is spinning.

I still need to absorb some ideas from a few other designs floating around out there, but if I can pull the $ together and figure out how to rearrange my shop, I'll likely build the Hybrid.

I will say that I'm baffled by one thing.... I'm interested in making a torsion box base, and possibly rectangular MDF tubes with internal stiffeners for the main rails.... but in the few examples I've seen of torsion box bases, the guys still built a unistrut base and simply rested it on their torsion box

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default joes hybrid re torsion box

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McColley View Post
    I came across this thread in '09 and bookmarked it to read when I finished my X3 mill conversion. After many projects and delays.... that project stalled.... but now I'm resurecting it and pushing to complete

Now, I can't believe I read the whole thing..... all 1,407 posts.... and took 7 pages of notes...

Needless to say, my head is spinning.

I still need to absorb some ideas from a few other designs floating around out there, but if I can pull the $ together and figure out how to rearrange my shop, I'll likely build the Hybrid.

I will say that I'm baffled by one thing.... I'm interested in making a torsion box base, and possibly rectangular MDF tubes with internal stiffeners for the main rails.... but in the few examples I've seen of torsion box bases, the guys still built a unistrut base and simply rested it on their torsion box
    most of the newer builds the evolution build, have done away with the torsion box and unistrut in favor of a welded steel base , mine has 2" box steel tubes every 10" under a 3 layer mdf table.. mucho strong.
    dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    Here is a look at the new Joe's CNC Evolution 1.0 (EVO-1).
    So are this plans finished yet? I want to purchase only if they are available cause this is exactly the kind of cnc router I want to build, also I would like to know if you have a set of metal casting kit that you mentioned before wich can be used to build this model.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Downloads
    Uploads

The kit is now cut from 3/4" 6061 Plate aluminum which better and the surface is true and flat, the castings worked but could have slight deviations in them from the casting process. the build logs and all information are on my forum and several members has theirs up and running with easy and good success. Iit is an all metal machine.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid

I went ahead and created a facebook page to help answer questions people may have and a bridge so people can see what members are doing also.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joes-Cnc/663335943704223

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Everyone,I ordered the plans yesterday and registered on Joes Forum with the Paypal transaction number etc etc. Is there another step I'm missing in getting the plans or being able to log onto the forum? Since I made payment and registered I've heard nothing. ThanksAlan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorted! Thanks Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

no Problem.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would a belt drive like the one being supplied by openbuilds be compatible with a 4x4 hybrid.

I've sent Joe two different emails using the email address on his CNCZone webpage and they've not been answered. What gives?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads

can you send again? i get allot of email everyday. I try and believe i answer all of them but sometime i do miss it.

Just mention its a reply from cnczone also.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 216168697071