Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid - Page 25

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe-

How big is the file? I'm hoping my mail server is set to handle the size.

James

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jspencer View Post
    Joe-

How big is the file? I'm hoping my mail server is set to handle the size.

James
    2.5meg you should not have a problem. I worked it to keep the file size smaller.

p.s. you are next in e-mail line.

joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    I am shooting for Friday for the plans, and then will send out doc file a few days later.

Hopefully this date will be good, and i will send out e-mail to those who e-mailed me about being interested.

Joe
    Joe,
    Are you still planning on sending out the doc files later?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by glwilliams View Post
    Joe,
    Are you still planning on sending out the doc files later?
    Yes doc file will be available hopefully this coming week.

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the compliment.

I have never done a machine set of plans so I believe just by the plans them selves you are able to build the machine, I tried to provide alot of info on the 26 full size sheets.

If you do not recieve your plans by lets say 5:00 today please let me know and i will see what the problem is (e-mail me)

Thanks again, Joe
    Thanks for the plans Joe.

One suggestion. You might want to send the parts list to Bolt Depot and have them throw together a package for Joe's Hybrid 4x4. That way you could click one button and they could ship you all the stuff. It would probably be easier for them as well as the user.

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Thanks for the plans Joe.

One suggestion. You might want to send the parts list to Bolt Depot and have them throw together a package for Joe's Hybrid 4x4. That way you could click one button and they could ship you all the stuff. It would probably be easier for them as well as the user.

Bill
    Some people will want exact numbers other may want surplus.

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Some people will want exact numbers other may want surplus.

Joe
    Surplus is better.... But I see your point. I just remember that CNC Tool camp router had a similar order button through 8020. Perhaps when you get your user only site going, I will take on that project and post the link there. However, one of the issues I see is that the BOM of each individual page specify the information needed to order parts for that portion of the machine but the complete BOM at page three does not include enough information to order from. Example 1/4" x 1/2" machine screws doesn't tell you the type of head on the screw, phillips or standard..... I am just trying to help you make a good product fantastic. I don't mean to criticize except for constructively. Hope I have not offended, just hoping to give help if needed.

Bill

Last edited by bgriggs; 01-26-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bill,

Joe's BOM is user specific, it's a guideline. You can use whatever fasteners you like, it's just what is available to you. Many of you keep mini hardware stores in your shops and will probably find much of what this machine requires. Also I emphasize this again and joe has, buy in bulk, buy at once and make sure you buy more than you need. I have a 100 case box of every type of nut and bolt on this build in my shop and saved much time from doing this. I can't tell you how many times I got held up because I needed 2 or 3 more of something, its easier to just buy it at once. First part of this week I will contact bolt depot to put together a package deal, I doubt they will give a significant discount but it does raise the possibility of them providing a link with everything, almost a mirror of my past order invoices only available to whomever wishes to purchase that bundle. Considering the business done for 8020 and the bearing supplier and the vbearing supplier, I'm sure they won't mind doing the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bp092 View Post
    Bill,

Joe's BOM is user specific, it's a guideline. You can use whatever fasteners you like, it's just what is available to you. Many of you keep mini hardware stores in your shops and will probably find much of what this machine requires. Also I emphasize this again and joe has, buy in bulk, buy at once and make sure you buy more than you need. I have a 100 case box of every type of nut and bolt on this build in my shop and saved much time from doing this. I can't tell you how many times I got held up because I needed 2 or 3 more of something, its easier to just buy it at once. First part of this week I will contact bolt depot to put together a package deal, I doubt they will give a significant discount but it does raise the possibility of them providing a link with everything, almost a mirror of my past order invoices only available to whomever wishes to purchase that bundle. Considering the business done for 8020 and the bearing supplier and the vbearing supplier, I'm sure they won't mind doing the same.

Great!

Ease of construction is actually more important to me than discounts. Having spare fasteners around is a real time saver during construction. The bearing place had a nice little turn of business this weekend because folks suddenly bought (7) 1/2" bearings. It might be easy for him if he knew in advance what people order so he can prepackage or at least think about future inventory amounts.... Everybody wins. In todays market, the easier you make things for a consumer, the more successful you will be. Joe's Hybrid is about to be a raving success, which will feed the growth of several businesses which supply the parts. Everybody wins.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project.

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe,

Thank you for the excellent plans.

I'm going down the BOM and ordering hardware as specified and needed.

I've got a quick question about the V-Bearings, though. I was going to order from Superior as noted in the supplier column but they don't appear to take orders via the web. What a bummer.

Is there a difference between those V-bearings and the ones available from CadCamCadCam.com? Or, can I just go ahead a place an order for the V-bearings and bushings from CadCamCadCam.com and be done with it?

BTW, my wife is going to go berserk over the credit card bill. I've also recruited my daughter to help me with the construction. She's a teenager and probably less than ecstatic since it will take away from her cell phone time.

Thanks for sharing the fun,

HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will there be a kit available for the cut pieces of the machine. I do not currently have a machine and looking for a high quality way of producing these. Thanks to everyone for the work put into this.

Downloads
    Uploads

We called Superior bearings for them, but yes imservice does have the same bearings and bushings #2.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe,

Just received your plans for the 4X4. They look great. Fantastic Job. Now I know why it took so long.

Just one question. What is the best way to print a hard copy?

Thanks for all of your effort.

Ernie

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would say take it to your favorite office supply store such as Staples or Kinko's and get them to print it for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Joe you have made a very nice set of plans. I look at drawing everyday and I wish architects would put in there drawings as much detail as you have in this set. I don’t see any guess work here. Looking forward to this build

Thanks again for your hard work on these drawings

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joe, i was wondering if you ever did any performance comparison between using Gecko Drives or the HobbyCNC board.

I know the hobbycnc will drive this puppy, but how noticable is the difference between the controllers?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by acesneights07 View Post
    Joe, i was wondering if you ever did any performance comparison between using Gecko Drives or the HobbyCNC board.

I know the hobbycnc will drive this puppy, but how noticable is the difference between the controllers?
    Well not a while lot of difference in speed the nema23 will limit that and lead screws of course. but feeding 74vdc into the geckos and motors, I can not stop it by pushing on it, the hobby cnc will stall if i push real hard, but that is not normal so they work good.

to get the most out of the gecko's you would switch to Nema34's but cost will climb, I provided plans for a basic machine an anyone can upgrade where they feel the need to.

Mine is running steady at 160ipm which is plenty fast for me, all my g-codes are at 100 anyway and thats what i cut at. with rapids at 160ipm.

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there something wrong with CNCzone as I haven't had an email in at least 36 hours titled Reply to post 'Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid' -"Do not reply to this email"

Everyone must be busy building 4x4's!

Good luck all and enjoy. I might have to buy the plans just so I can keep tabs on the new private forum. Still want to build one, but not just yet.

Cheers,

Claudio

- WidgitMaster Wide Router with Kress FME 800, HobbyCNC 305oz Stepper Kit
    - WidgitMaster Midi Router with Dremel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Claudio,
    When you do jump in, you're really going to enjoy the build. I've got the base legs assembled and the size is awesome. I can cut all the MDF with my JGRO cnc router, and the metal work is all bolt together.

The MDF part of the design is also fully dimensioned, so it can be cut with normal hand tools too. So if this is your first cnc, then you'll need to start with band saws and drill presses. That's a snap with the full sized templates Joe provides.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes a few are busy, looking over the plans and a few already starting to build.

Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast