Build Cost for a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 Evolution 1.0 or 2.0?

Thread: Build Cost for a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 Evolution 1.0 or 2.0?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Build Cost for a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 Evolution 1.0 or 2.0?

I was wanting to get started on building either a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 and wondered if anyone had a current price amount they have spent on completing either machine? Just making sure the BOM is pretty close. Also wondering if when it's all said and done if anything is still needed to start using the machine after the build?

Is there any good place for purchasing the parts needed? Just wondering if the Evo 2.0 has any real changes that need to be made to incorporate the linear rails. I think Joe said that it's for the most part the same BOM but there is not much activity on either of the forums that are used for the Joe's CNC builds.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and not sure where I want to start, I thought the table but then I have to decide on the table material - wood or metal and my metal working skills are very lack luster at best, plus I'm really trying to keep the build down below 4 or 5k. I would like to build something to cut 60 x 60 for baltic birch and just trying to scale everything and I'm the type that works best with instructions and this build is missing the step-by-step part so I'm having a hard time starting.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Build Cost for a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 Evolution 1.0 or 2.0?

Most Joe's builders only post on Joe's private forum. You need to buy the plans to get access to it.

Prices can vary greatly by choice of frame materials, and everything else.
    Some have built their machines from LVL lumber, and saved a lot of money vs extrusions.
    And with electronics, you can buy a $400 kit, or spend $2000 or more on higher end stuff, tht gives much better performance.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I already have purchased the plans and printed them up in full size, studied them, emailed back and forth with Joe and been on the forum many times over the past year or so. I've also looked into different materials to build them with and understand the different costs in different materials and build specs and was just looking to get some real world costs and see how different machines are built. It seems like there is a lag in responses or activity on the Joe's forum and was just hoping to get some other points of view on their builds.

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't finished mind yet because of illness but it will be around 3800 dollars. Hope to get mind fished in about 2 or 3 months. That was for a 4"x4" machine. Good
    Luck with yours.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Joe184 View Post
    I haven't finished mind yet because of illness but it will be around 3800 dollars. Hope to get mind fished in about 2 or 3 months. That was for a 4"x4" machine. Good
    Luck with yours.
    @Joe184, have you had a chance to finish your build? I'm thinking about doing a 4x4 Evo 2.0 build but haven't bought plans yet... Curious to know about your overall experience, what components you chose, and your results.