wondering how much for a used model 2006?

Thread: wondering how much for a used model 2006?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question wondering how much for a used model 2006?

i don't have much money right now, but i was curious as to how much it would cost for a used Model 2006? I can save up and install the screws, steppers, and other electronics.
    I am just trying to get started in CNC.

Thanks for any help.

~Travis

Similar Threads:
    Techno Isel Gantry III (?) base machine. EMC/LinuxCNC controller (Mesa 7i80HD-16).
    about 48 X 48 X 5 inch working, Perske 3PH 5HP spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wondering how much for a used model 2006?

Do you have one in mind?
    It would depend on condition, quality of construction, and components used.
    Could be anywhere from $200-$1200.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Do you have one in mind?
    It would depend on condition, quality of construction, and components used.
    Could be anywhere from $200-$1200.
    just a usable one, roughly 2' X 3'. just as long as, if it needs fixing, that it can be fixed.
    at this point i am picky, but not so much, if that makes sense.

~Travis

Techno Isel Gantry III (?) base machine. EMC/LinuxCNC controller (Mesa 7i80HD-16).

Downloads
    Uploads

is anybody interested in selling a used CNC router like that?
    not sure how the shipping would work, but i could likely save up some money for it.

~Travis

Downloads
    Uploads

i see...

~Travis

Downloads
    Uploads

I can see nobody wants to part with their used CNC router. so i ask the same question i asked Joe in an un-replied email. how much for a CNC router kit?

It's not that i don't have the tools or know-how to build a CNC router from scratch. i just don't trust my tolerances of manually cutting the parts. I feel intimidated by the thought of it. probably some level of performance anxiety, in a way.

I suspect though, once i get one CNC built, it will be far less intimidating to build a bigger and better one. and easier to cut parts, as well.

the location i have decided on to build my CNC will be inside a soon to be re-purposed 29' camper. it will be gutted, and built up with better support. the CNC will be located right over the twin axles for better weight distribution. it likely won't be moved much, and when in use, i will have the frame sitting on the leveling jacks. I will also likely install a larger door in the location of a large picture window for getting larger parts in and out. the camper is 8' wide, so i think there should be room enough to get around it, when it is not running. clearly i will have to use dust collection in such a tight space. i may even enclose the CNC as well. i will also sit the CNC on the floor, just to lower the CG if i do have to tow the CNC trailer somewhere.

what troubles have people had with dust binding the bearings? i saw one post asking the question, but could not find the answer anywhere.

~Travis

Downloads
    Uploads

I just realized that the policy here is not to discuss pricing on this forum ( http://www.cnczone.com/forums/joes-c...ml#post1650656 ).
    Sorry about that.

in my studying of various posts, i think i have a basic plan of what and how i want to build my CNC. i will likely start somewhat small, just to get a working machine to mill out some parts. once i have that figured out, i can apply my knowledge toward a larger machine.

i just have to get my "space" where the machine will go stripped out and structurally sound, and then figure out what will fit in the space. as the floor in my "space" (a soon to be hollowed out camper) is thin, i will likely have to build a foundation of sorts to span the frame cross-members.

despite advice to use pipe and skate bearings, i think i will go with large V-groove bearings riding on the edge of an angle steel. i think it will be easier to mount and align. i will leave the drive components off to begin with. that way i can post the specs of my machine once built, and hopefully receive advice on the best way to motivate it. (screw size, stepper size etc)

~Travis