My Build - Joe's Kit - Australian

Thread: My Build - Joe's Kit - Australian

Downloads
    Uploads

Default My Build - Joe's Kit - Australian

Hi,

What I have for Joe's kit so far:
    Ozito router and 1 bit.
    Xylotec 3 axis kit 220volt and complete with stepper motor wiring (plug and go).
    100 skate bearings (few spare) and 10 larger bearings.
    Some software to learn while I am waiting

What I need:
    Someone in Australia with a cnc router who could make a Joe's kit for the 2006 router for a price. I have been in touch with Joe and the freight would be a killer on his kit from the States. All of the parts in the picture including the HDPE parts, thanks for the pic ccsparky . I am in Victoria, slighty west of Melbourne and would be able to drive as far as Sydney or Adelaide to pick-up a completed kit if neccesary.

Why? Because I am somewhat disabled due to a fairly serious Stroke I had a few years ago (nothing on the RH side works) and I really want a Joe's router kit. If you are in Australia and can help me, or know of someone who can help; please PM me with the details and we can take it from there.

Thanks and Regards,
    Bob Crockford

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Build - Joe's Kit - Australian-joe_s_kit-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone who is able to help him i can give you any files you may need to get it completed, just email me.

Thanks, Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bobcrockford View Post
    Hi,

Ozito router and 1 bit.
    Xylotec 3 axis kit 220volt and complete with stepper motor wiring (plug and go).

What I need:
    Someone in Australia with a cnc router who could make a Joe's kit for the 2006 router for a price. I have been in touch with Joe and the freight would be a killer on his kit from the States. All of the parts in the picture including the HDPE parts, thanks for the pic ccsparky . I am in Victoria, slighty west of Melbourne and would be able to drive as far as Sydney or Adelaide to pick-up a completed kit if neccesary.

Why? Because I am somewhat disabled due to a fairly serious Stroke I had a few years ago (nothing on the RH side works) and I really want a Joe's router kit. If you are in Australia and can help me, or know of someone who can help; please PM me with the details and we can take it from there.

Thanks and Regards,
    Bob Crockford
    Bob,

You're more than welcome feel free to use what ever you need!

Glad to hear you are giving it a go!

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,

If you find someone to help you out, please post to let us know. I know that I am rooting for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bob,

I wish you luck with your project. I would love to help but currently don't have a router big enough to cut out the kit. I am sure someone here will come to the rescue though.

Regards,

Jayson.

Quick... catch all the smoke so I can stuff it back in.

Downloads
    Uploads

G'day Bob. I live only about 30kms away from you. Unfortunately my router is
    only about one third built.

Any thing apart from cutting the MDF I can help with?

If Joe can provide good DXFs maybe it would be economical to get a comercial
    firm to CNC the MDF for you. Maybe check the yellow pages and make a call or two.

By the way there is a meeting of Melbourne CNCzone members happening soon.
    You might be able to come along and meet a few people.
    You never know someone may be able to help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Greolt,

Actually you can give me the part numbers of the sliders and blocks that you have used. I have been looking at your log and a few others and it looks pretty good and my motion technolgies catalog cd's arrived today it may be changing from a Joe's built now.

Just trying to sus things out a bit, your size is about right too so that is good but I will need a hand with the metal work and alloy parts etc. I am retired now because of the stroke but my newest profession means that I will have to have a cnc router (artist) to use. Don't ask how it becomes involved in art, but it does

I saw the message regarding the barbeque, don't know if I fit just yet and hadn't thought of going to it. I'll say possible at this stage!

Cheers,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Greolt View Post
    G'day Bob. I live only about 30kms away from you. Unfortunately my router is
    only about one third built.

Any thing apart from cutting the MDF I can help with?

If Joe can provide good DXFs maybe it would be economical to get a comercial
    firm to CNC the MDF for you. Maybe check the yellow pages and make a call or two.

By the way there is a meeting of Melbourne CNCzone members happening soon.
    You might be able to come along and meet a few people.
    You never know someone may be able to help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My Build - Joe's Kit - Australian

crocky - Did you get a machine happening? Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

12 years on?Quite a thread bump.

Downloads
    Uploads

Didn't notice the date. Would have moved along ny now!! Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by crocky View Post
    Hi,

Ozito router and 1 bit.

What I need:

Thanks and Regards,
    Bob Crockford

Sorry t hear about your stroke. I had a stroke back in 2004 and was left with an "affected" right side too. I've just recieved my plans for a Joe's Evolution CNC and will build it myself (if I don't die first, YES I'm THAT slow). Hope ALL turned out well for you.