Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006

A little late but I built a Router Table from Joe's eDrawings back in march. It turned out so well that my son wanted one also so I built another one of them. We are having so much fun with them that I mised the summer season all together, or was there no summer this year? Been working on utililty drawers for it and a rack of 14 tools with automatic tool changer. This is working out real good.

I wan't to thank Joe for his time and generosity of his design.

Here are some photos of the build. I will post more photos (the drawers and changer etc) later.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-mvc-882f-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-mvc-885f-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-mvc-887f-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-mvc-889f-jpg  

Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-mvc-897f-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-mvc-898f-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are some more photos.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00123-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00118-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00126-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00296-jpg  

Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00127-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00180-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Drawers

I can access from eather side.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00411-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00412-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00413-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Verrrrry nicely done! Love those sliding drawers. I can't wait for the toolchanger pics. Any plans or other information to go along with the toolchanger?

Great build, thank you for sharing.

HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Changer:

Having trouble with uploading video.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00407-jpg   Two more of Joe's CNC Model 2006-dsc00406-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Great machine!

I'm very interested in your toolchanger, looks like it mounts on the router? Is that correct?

You could zip your video up, & just post here as a zipped file.

Nice work!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Video short clip:

The Quick change tool holder was patterned after
    http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/in...s/Page1446.htm
    I have one of these for my Mini Mill but they didn't have one for a 1/2" so I just made one out of AL with a 1/2" shaft to fit the router.

They only had 5 sizes of tool holders so I had to make them also.

The tool rack was made with the router out of corian.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

WOW!!

That is Cool!

Thanks for the video, & the link.

Do you run Mach3?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I run Turbocnc and use Sheetcam. It was easy to modify the post for sheetcam to accommodate the changer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very impressive JLT, thanks for posting.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Everyone's been waiting for years for an inexpensive ATC, and you're already using one. Nice. Very Nice.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

JLT - Very nice setup you have there. So here is the big question (at least for me) Interested in selling a tool changer setup?

Dwayne

Downloads
    Uploads

JLT,

I really like that ATC.

I was looking at the site you posted http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/index.htm , I understand how the tool (endmill, etc...) keeps from slipping in the holders, with a small set screw.

How does the holder keep from slipping (rotating), in the actual toolchanger? The toolchanger does not look like it would provide enough clamping preasure to keep the tool holder from slipping, I don't see any type of flat on the toolholder to give a positive stop. I may be wrong, I'm just really interested in that product (toolchanger).

It looks like you have a great setup going on in that video!

Any chance of a longer video, with some cutting and maybe a couple of toolchanges?

Also did you see the "Drill Chuck Holder" they have? http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/in...es/Page513.htm

Thanks for sharing your cool project.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow I'm blown away. Your router looks cool and colossal in some of the pics. The automatic tool changer & video is extremely impressive. Joe should be thrilled when he sees it. One question, I'm assuming when you change tools in production, for two different kinds of cuts you would include that in the gcode. Assuming that it's running, makes it's passes, pulls back to the tool dock and shuts off before or during. But how does your router know when the spindle on your hitachi has fully stopped before it can release that bit and grab a new one or do you just set a certain amount of time? Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

That toolchanger looks cool.
    Can't help wondering how the red part and spring handles 30,000 rpm and the fact that the tool is extended a long way from the collet.

Have you accidently run the gantry into a drawer yet

Could we get more info on your tool changer setup. Like you I have the quick tool changer on my Sherline mill and like it a lot.

Any chance of sharing the plans/ g-code for you tool holder as I would love to have a go at making one too.

Thanks

David

Downloads
    Uploads

This must be just what many of us have been searching for, a simple, low cost, effective autochanger without spending megabucks.

I second the motion for more info on the tool changer. What about starting a new thread so we don't highjack JLT's build?

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DayneInfo View Post
    JLT - Very nice setup you have there. So here is the big question (at least for me) Interested in selling a tool changer setup?

Dwayne
    Never really thought of it as this is just a hobby. Still tweeking things.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by David Da Costa View Post
    Could we get more info on your tool changer setup. Like you I have the quick tool changer on my Sherline mill and like it a lot.

Any chance of sharing the plans/ g-code for you tool holder as I would love to have a go at making one too.

Thanks

David
    I have the DXF file i can post later.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    JLT,

I really like that ATC.

I was looking at the site you posted http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/index.htm , I understand how the tool (endmill, etc...) keeps from slipping in the holders, with a small set screw.

How does the holder keep from slipping (rotating), in the actual toolchanger? The toolchanger does not look like it would provide enough clamping preasure to keep the tool holder from slipping, I don't see any type of flat on the toolholder to give a positive stop. I may be wrong, I'm just really interested in that product (toolchanger).

It looks like you have a great setup going on in that video!

Any chance of a longer video, with some cutting and maybe a couple of toolchanges?

Also did you see the "Drill Chuck Holder" they have? http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/in...es/Page513.htm

Thanks for sharing your cool project.

Working on a longer video.
    Didn't see the Drill Chuck. Thanks

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast