New Machine Build Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0

Here is a quick video of the machine running the Break-in Wizard.
    I still need to finish my base, add router mount. cable management etc.

And a few pictures, I wanted to see painted and unpainted look, so that's why one side is painted and the other not.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-lt-side-1-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-lt-side-2-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-x-axis-front-jpg  
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ready to start MY build

Joe I was just about ready to buy your Hybrid 4x4 design when you started posting about your new Evolution design. I was wondering if you plan to offer plans for this new design? I found this web site when I was having trouble at work with one of our double column gantry mill and posted a controller question(This whole site is great with so much knowledge on most everything CNC). When I did a search, one of your post came up. Immediately my curiosity was aroused. I decided I had to have one of these CNC Routers. I read all the post on the Joe's CNC Hybrid thread and IMO was the best compromise between price and function. Your new pictures look like your designs just keep getting better and better. It was great to follow the thread about the Hybrid from its humble beginnings to all the mods I have been hearing about on the builder site that you get access to when you buy the plans. I look forward to building one of these awesome machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by f_wilson View Post
    Joe I was just about ready to buy your Hybrid 4x4 design when you started posting about your new Evolution design. I was wondering if you plan to offer plans for this new design? I found this web site when I was having trouble at work with one of our double column gantry mill and posted a controller question(This whole site is great with so much knowledge on most everything CNC). When I did a search, one of your post came up. Immediately my curiosity was aroused. I decided I had to have one of these CNC Routers. I read all the post on the Joe's CNC Hybrid thread and IMO was the best compromise between price and function. Your new pictures look like your designs just keep getting better and better. It was great to follow the thread about the Hybrid from its humble beginnings to all the mods I have been hearing about on the builder site that you get access to when you buy the plans. I look forward to building one of these awesome machines.
    Thank you for the kind words, The plans for the new design I am still working on them, there will not be an additional charge for my existing members who have purchased the plans or purchase the plans prior to release.

We already have people building the machine now without the plans, it is really an easy build and some of the building techniques which are in the original hybrid plans will apply to this build.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Downloads
    Uploads

Just so I understand you correctly if I buy the hybrid plans now I can review the support threads, then if and when you finish the Evo design your plan is to offer the design to all the people who have already purchased the hybrid plans. Is my thinking correct? Also I was looking at your pictures and was wondering what the length of your z axis rails are as I might be able to scavenge some old rails from work that they are scraping. You would not believe all the equipment they scrap every year where I work (See pictures). Unfortunately someone there threw away a brand new Lincoln tig welder (about $5000) and come back later and took it out of the scrap hopper outside. So now nobody is allowed to have any scrap worth more than ten dollars now. Also a picture of the mill I run.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-031-mod-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-033-mod-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-034-mod-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-img_0010-mod-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by f_wilson View Post
    Just so I understand you correctly if I buy the hybrid plans now I can review the support threads, then if and when you finish the Evo design your plan is to offer the design to all the people who have already purchased the hybrid plans. Is my thinking correct? Also I was looking at your pictures and was wondering what the length of your z axis rails are as I might be able to scavenge some old rails from work that they are scraping. You would not believe all the equipment they scrap every year where I work (See pictures). Unfortunately someone there threw away a brand new Lincoln tig welder (about $5000) and come back later and took it out of the scrap hopper outside. So now nobody is allowed to have any scrap worth more than ten dollars now. Also a picture of the mill I run.
    Yes that is correct, if you got it now you will receive the Evolution machine also when ready. The forum is a great community of people and allot of information.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

f_wilson, I was wondering the same thing when I first saw this post. Joe mentioned it in another thread also that buying now would get you the designs on the Evo as well. So I pulled the trigger.

Joe, you should have received your payment from me earlier this evening, and I registered in your support forum. Are the plans linked in your forum somewhere, or do you email them?

I built the 2006 and it's still going strong...love it. I can't wait to get started on the 4x4. Time to make some more room in the garage lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Lucan View Post
    f_wilson, I was wondering the same thing when I first saw this post. Joe mentioned it in another thread also that buying now would get you the designs on the Evo as well. So I pulled the trigger.

Joe, you should have received your payment from me earlier this evening, and I registered in your support forum. Are the plans linked in your forum somewhere, or do you email them?

I built the 2006 and it's still going strong...love it. I can't wait to get started on the 4x4. Time to make some more room in the garage lol.
    Plans are emailed, Access to the forums and WIKI granted...

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want one! Oh wait Im building one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, Joe. After your email last night, I went ahead and bought the plans, despite the fact that I'm almost done with the 2006 model. Now I have another goal to complete.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rcarnahan3 View Post
    Ok, Joe. After your email last night, I went ahead and bought the plans, despite the fact that I'm almost done with the 2006 model. Now I have another goal to complete.
    Got it and sent you the plans as well as access to the forums, you will thoroughly enjoy the forums with all the information contained in them and all the very helpful people there.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
    Got it and sent you the plans as well as access to the forums, you will thoroughly enjoy the forums with all the information contained in them and all the very helpful people there.
    Got the plans. I'll plot them out tomorrow and start studying those as well as the forums. Thanks Joe!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Evolution

Gidday Joe,

This new design looks great, will you be selling the cast aluminium parts from your website, if not how would they be acquired?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzycnc View Post
    Gidday Joe,

This new design looks great, will you be selling the cast aluminium parts from your website, if not how would they be acquired?
    Yes we already have 5 builds going on now, I made parts for those existing members. and others have emailed me to inquire.

Here are a couple of pictures of their machines, but they are a little further alone now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-gantry-004-jpg   Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0-imag0934-jpg  
    Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are the plans and parts going to be available for metric extrusion? There ain't no such thing as imperial where I live

In fact, it's been an on-going issue for all the machines I want to build - all the people making the trick machined parts for extrusion-based routers are based on the 80/20 imperial measurements and all I can get is Bosch metric...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Joe,

I'm thinking of building a cnc router and like the hybrid 4x4 but think that depending on the price and new features of the evo 1 I might want to wait. Is the Evo only a 4x4 machine? Also what is the estimated cost to build a Evo or the hybrid? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I am going to build a Joe´s CNC,and looking for parts on evilbay I found an 8020 alum kit, check it: 80/20 T-Slot Aluminum Extrusions & Hardware for Joe's CNC 4x4 Evolution 1.0 Kit | eBay

Hey Joe, I am just waiting the end month check and I´ll go for your plains.

Crow62

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tumbleweeds...

Downloads
    Uploads

We have 8 Evolution machine's bring built right now.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How is it different to the hybrid?

Are the plans available for metric extrusions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zootalaws View Post
    How is it different to the hybrid?

Are the plans available for metric extrusions?
    All you do is change out the metric equivalent extrusions hardware etc. it is a full metal machine. Very adjustable and expandable smaller or larger.

Thanks,
    Joe

www.joescnc.com
    joecnc2006 at yahoo

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast