Joe's CNC Model 2006 - Page 88

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 387885868788
Results 1,741 to 1,745 of 1745

Thread: Joe's CNC Model 2006

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Joe's CNC Model 2006

I've used black pipe for linear rails for ten years now and have been fairly successful in my cnc work. However, unsupported linear rails are always going to have some flex in them, so you will not have a super accurate machine because of this flex. For most of my cnc woodwork, I do not need accuracy greater than 1/32 - 1/64 of an inch and for most of my work, this has been more than enough accuracy. They are cheap compared to the commercial style supported linear rails.

WoodNDust

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I've used black pipe for linear rails for ten years now and have been fairly successful in my cnc work. However, unsupported linear rails are always going to have some flex in them, so you will not have a super accurate machine because of this flex. For most of my cnc woodwork, I do not need accuracy greater than 1/32 - 1/64 of an inch and for most of my work, this has been more than enough accuracy. They are cheap compared to the commercial style supported linear rails.
    First, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

When I look at Joes 2006 R2 design, I like everything overall, except the way the bearings ride along the side of the rails and the tensioning box. To me, (I could be wrong) this seems like the weak point in the design. Using the same pipe and skate bearings in an over/under bearing assembly like in the Y gantry seems like a better design.

As for pipe itself, have you done anything to it such as turn it true on a lathe or clean up with sandpaper, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by WoodNDust View Post
    First, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

When I look at Joes 2006 R2 design, I like everything overall, except the way the bearings ride along the side of the rails and the tensioning box. To me, (I could be wrong) this seems like the weak point in the design. Using the same pipe and skate bearings in an over/under bearing assembly like in the Y gantry seems like a better design.

As for pipe itself, have you done anything to it such as turn it true on a lathe or clean up with sandpaper, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't done much of anything to the blacks pipes other than trying to find the straightest pipes when I purchased them. My cnc is a JGRO design that I built ten years ago. There a number of designs available now on the open builds web site you should look at. These designs weren't around when I built mine. OpenBuilds OX CNC Machine | OpenBuilds

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the formats i coulnt get the eams file to work but now i do Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys. Just wondering if anyone can tell me or point me in the right direction. As you know. Many of the stepper/ servo kits bought online have to be run with an old computer through the parallel port. Is there anything out there one could use to make a windows 7 or windows 10 computer work? Perhaps some special adapter or kit?
    Thanks in advance.

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 387885868788