Joe's CNC Model 2006 - Page 5

Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's CNC Model 2006

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Joe,

I whipped this together in a couple of minutes (and it looks like it) without taking the time to make nice rounded corners or even straight lines, and god forbid it is scaled any where near correctly. But if you still have the time to straighten out the bottom (if you haven't cut all the ribs already) I would go something like this

(hopefully the PDF attached correctly)

Steven

Gerry - This Rhino3D that you recomended is a great program. A bit pricy, but great

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-untitled-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sdantonio
    Hi Joe,

I whipped this together in a couple of minutes (and it looks like it) without taking the time to make nice rounded corners or even straight lines, and god forbid it is scaled any where near correctly. But if you still have the time to straighten out the bottom (if you haven't cut all the ribs already) I would go something like this

(hopefully the PDF attached correctly)

Steven

Gerry - This Rhino3D that you recomended is a great program. A bit pricy, but great
    Thank you for your input, I have changed it and here is a sketch as you showed, I have already changed the drawing and SW file. I only cut three of them last night and 4 center braces, so it is worth redoing.

What do you think of this?

Thanks, Joe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-sp32-21122005-132242-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I sat down to update all my drawing files, and created several parts, motors, bearings, leadscrews etc. all except bolts and nuts. Wanted to make sure I keep up to date with them so it is not a chore later on.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-sp32-22122005-151700-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-sp32-22122005-151800-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-sp32-22122005-151826-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Finished cutting Large Y Axis and used the unit itself to make sure it is all lined up and leveled with itself, figured no better way that use the pipes themself. I used wax paper to protect the outer portions from woodglue to keep them removable.

just need to place outer skins.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-y-axis-skelliton-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Well now that's just downright impressive. Way to go Joe.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would make a cool bookcase..... other than the books falling thru the holes!

I made the gantry side from 1/4" plywood (thinking off the top of my head... at work) they are 10" wide by 22" with 4 ribs running lengthwise and 11 on the width (rough spacing 2"-2.5") all glued and airnailed. I clamped one end to the bench (after it dried) and pushed down and could not feel any deflection or twist. Very light weight.

Go to any fabric store and look at the cardboard pieces in the middle of a bolt of cloth. It is a honeycomb of cardboard skinned with cardboard.... very strong. Can't easliy twist or bend

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Guys I really appreciate the words...

I went to Lowes and got the Hitachi Router that (WarrenW) mentioned in his plog, this is the one.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...59-67702-M12VC

I made a mount and installed it on the New CNC and the Z axis has no problem lifting it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-hitachi1-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-hitachi-router-mount-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-hitachi-router-mounted-cnc-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats a good looking router Joe, I was considering a replacement for my DeWalt DW610 and saw your Hitachi but I backed away when I held it in my hand and felt how heavy it was. Let us know how it performs.

Jason

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

joe2000che,

Can you pass along the drawings in Solidworks for me to use?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by creative_mind
    joe2000che,

Can you pass along the drawings in Solidworks for me to use?

Thanks
    email me i will see what i can do to zip them up, I think i have them completed so it is safe now to pass them on

Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Joe,

Your machine is great. Maybe you would like to share your plans with us, especially for those who have already a machine, which can be use to build the parts. I think your plans if you agree to upload here will have huge success.

Zoltan

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che
    email me i will see what i can do to zip them up, I think i have them completed so it is safe now to pass them on

Joe
    My email address is: creative_mind@verizon.net

Thank you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Joe I love the way you think that looks like another excellent job a little more complicated then the angle iron one though LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by truman
    Hey Joe I love the way you think that looks like another excellent job a little more complicated then the angle iron one though LOL
    Thanks,

Well I took my other Machine apart and installed the new one, Very difficult job to do by yourself, trying to lift and hold at the same time.

Here are the tolerance just after I put it together with no adjustments whatsoever. I'm sure i could shim here and there to get it perfect if i needed to but for general cutting that is not bad at all.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-tolerances-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you post a few pictures of it in it's current state?

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Downloads
    Uploads

Here it is so far i did not paint the bottom section i just needed to get it together, only thing left is to install the last end piece you see that this machine just cut out , I have spacers 3/4" thick at the motor mount to alow for it.

I also installed a quick router dust cover. You can see how much was left after cutting, not much at all the Cyclone even with just a small Shopvac got alot of it, I was very happy not having dust flying around. I cut the piece at 80ipm i can go faster but The 1/2"-10 lead screw started whipping a little i think it was bent slightly during shipping i can see it when i jog real slow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-complete1-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-complete2-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-complete3-jpg  
    Last edited by joecnc2006; 12-31-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Finished it up today, I added 4x4 post for legs and lowered off of sawhorses, It is pretty solid cutting surface is at 36" height. But I already have Ideas to start building it again and make it alot lighter. Look forward to Model 2006a (model 2007 was a mistake in typing....)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-complete-4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

They sure end up a lot heavier then you'd think, don't they?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I wasn't making mine out of aluminum this would be the way I would go love it Joe!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    They sure end up a lot heavier then you'd think, don't they?
    Yes with out a doubt

But I know now that I will never go back to a single rail system for the long axis the douple pipe rail works out great with no rocking of the gantry.

Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast