Joe's CNC Model 2006 - Page 2

Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's CNC Model 2006

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe,

At the rate your going, maybe you should have named it "CNC Model 2006". It looks great so far.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by acondit
    Joe,

At the rate your going, maybe you should have named it "CNC Model 2006". It looks great so far.

Alan
    Well Hope to get it finished real soon....

Downloads
    Uploads

Gantry Upper Torsion Box...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-gantry-top-torsion-box-1-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-gantry-top-torsion-box-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Motor and Leadscrew Bearing Mounting plates, which will hold the Pipe rails also...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-motor-leadscrew-mount-plates-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Gantry Lower Torsion Box and Gantry Rt Side.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-gantry-lower-torsion-box-jpg   Joe's CNC Model 2006-gantry-rt-side-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Joe,

while you posting can you throw out some of the dimensions your using, like pipe spacing for the long y-axis runs. Any other dimensions would be great too. What would really be great if it wouldn't be to much trouble would be to post your drawings for the pieces as you build them like the gantry rib parts etc.

I'm thinking of trying to build the same type of machine as you go along. The main difference is that I'm looking at a 31 x x48 cutting area, and I'm going with plywood which I think would be a bit stronger in the long run.

Thanks
    Steven

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sdantonio
    Joe,

while you posting can you throw out some of the dimensions your using, like pipe spacing for the long y-axis runs. Any other dimensions would be great too. What would really be great if it wouldn't be to much trouble would be to post your drawings for the pieces as you build them like the gantry rib parts etc.

I'm thinking of trying to build the same type of machine as you go along. The main difference is that I'm looking at a 31 x x48 cutting area, and I'm going with plywood which I think would be a bit stronger in the long run.

Thanks
    Steven
    This machine is using the 1" x 60" Gas Pipe (Y Axis) 4"o.c., 3/4" x 36" Gaspipes (you could just extend it out the 12" width on the X Axis But Will add more weight, just add another motor and slave it on the Y-Axis to move the gantry.

Which Gives me an Idea and Possibly a question to pose can you slave two motors, such as Y-Axis and another A-Axis and place them on each end of one Lead screw But Just Reverse the A-Axis Motor I would think this would double your torge???

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

I had already recieved my 1/2" inside dia. bearings for the acme 1/2-10 leadscrews i ordered. (you could use 1/2"-13 standard thread also but I want to maximize speed), So i drew up a Leadscrew Bearing Support which has same bolt pattern as the Nema 23 motors.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-0-5in-bearing-support-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I got tiered of using a wrench and nut to clamp down my parts so I made a few of these, Knobs like that with 1/4" thread inside are almost $3.00 at the hardware store (must be proud of them or something) so i made a few of my own.

Here is a picture of some and also the g-code if people want to make their own, (.25 end mill 3/4" stock) Rename the *.Zip ext. to *.Tap can not upload the file otherwise.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-25-hold-clamp-screw-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Got the Z Axis Carriage done, I think i pushed my HP motors to their limit, I cut these at 40ipm with no problem.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-z-axis-carriage-sides-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Z Axis Carriage assembled, will have 4 - 1/4" threaded rod through sides, top and bottom to make sure the pressure of the bearings on rails do not start to push assembly apart.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-z-axis-carriage-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I got my 1/2"-10 acme threaded rods, and my 36" drill rods (i cut them to the proper lenght)

I desided to use the same type of Anti-backlash nuts I made for the 5/16" rod and nuts.. so here is its big brother....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joe's CNC Model 2006-anti-backlash-nuts-jpg  

Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast