jgro build questions

Thread: jgro build questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default jgro build questions

ok im building the jgro router and i need help with some stuff....i've been building it for about a month or more and havent done much i dont think i have a couple of questions...

1. what type of motor and boards would i need to be able to cut aluminum?

2. im using allthread for my lead screws what can i use to take metal off the allthread to make it so it fits the bearing?

3. how do the nut tensioners work and when u make one is the nut supposed to fit inside whatever ur using? im using 1/2" cutting board and i have the nut sandwiched inbetween the 2 boards dont know of thats the right way to do it

4. how can i make the holes in the angle iron for the bearings perfect? i dont have a drill press and i dont know anyone who has one im just using a regular drill and i dont have any aluminum angle iron so im using what i have and thats 2"x2"x1'8" thick angle iron....i use a punch and but the holes still are off and the bearings dont sit right on the pipe and some dont even touch

and my last question is when i do a search in here how or what can i do to find what im looking for instead of looking through lots of pages?

i have some pictures i took with the phone in my camera just took some pictures of my tensioner thingy so i'll add those too

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jgro build questions-1013070421-jpg   jgro build questions-1009072251-jpg   jgro build questions-1009072251a-jpg   jgro build questions-1013071128a-jpg  

jgro build questions-1009072250-jpg   jgro build questions-1009072252-jpg   jgro build questions-1013071128-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll answer you questions to best of my knowledge

1. I haven't cut aluminium with my machine but i don't think among hobbycnc, xylotex etc should have a problem with it, the main issue i think you'll get is that the machine isn't really sturdy for that purpose, but as i said, i've never cut alu on mine.

2. A grinder or sander should do the trick, setting it up in a jig to gain the desired results, take a look here for an example post #120: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=29024&page=10

3. The cutting board is used as the nut tensioners, they are drilled and tapped.

4. With drilling of these holes you should try to take the time to do this carefully, if you're not using a drill press, (which is highly recommended) you should mark them properly and maybe use a smaller drill bit to start a pilot hole first, maybe even using a block of wood with a stop to use as a jig for drilling the pilot holes.

And as for searching in this forum, i have not got that down pat as yet, so sorry can't help you there chap, but good luck on your build, and i think for now the best thing to do is read up on as much as you can, you'd be surprise what you can find in here.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have cut some aluminium with my JGRO, it requires a sharp bit and a starting feed rate of about 10-20 ipm with a pass depth of about 1/32 to 1/16depending on how sturdy you macine is constructed. You may use a little oil as coolant.

Jason

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ty tajord and jason for the replies my brother wants me to make him a wrestling belt when i finish everything and get everything going dont know what there made of actually....i redid the angle iron and it came out way better the only thing is that one bearing is a bit off not by much but it does make the z axis platform move to the right just a bit but other then that everything else is fine ohhh and thanks for the link to that page havent checked it out yet but i will