Quasiturbine!

Thread: Quasiturbine!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Quasiturbine!

Hey!

Check This out! Would love to build one! Seem to be simpler than a wankel!

/Jay

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There also also other engines I have read about that takes on the rotor format. Many are discussed here Rotary Engine Research

The difficulty I have found is that very little hard evidence to real world data can be found to subtantiate the claims put on these "Concept engines". No decent wear, power or fuel consumption data by outside agencies to verify the true benefits.

DC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have looked at the site and it fails to show the Starapex rotary piston engine.
    www.starapex.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm completely agree with One-of-Many on this. I have searched far and wide for many years looking (hoping) for a better engine other than the silly piston-crank design but came full circle with my original thoughts on viable engines.
    Keep in mind my main interest is in small aviation.

Only 3 designs are proven and would make it into an aircraft if I had the money;

1. The most elegent efficient design is the turbine engine. Far too expensive unless you go for an APU "engine". Approx $11,500US
    Developed many many years ago for cars and could run on just about anything that could burn including Tequila!
    Where are the ceramic engines I've been waiting 20yrs for??!!!

2. The barrel design DynaCam engine (http://www.dynacam.com/Index.htm) is the only other piston engine certified by the FAA in existence. Fantastic engine, ready to go. Very impressive P/W, fuel consumption, very low vibration, Diesel models available and Mack truck torque!

3. The rotary (Wankle) has better power-weight ratio above the piston and lower vibration at the cost of larger radiator and slightly higher fuel consumption. Diesel versions available (run on Biodiesel! )

The only experimental design I would even entertain is possibly the Rand-CAM
    http://www.regtech.com/
    Fancy webpage but where's the gravy?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only gravy I could find was a blurb that it actually powered a plane.

By their own admissions, using it for a pump looks more promising than an engine. The wear characteristics could make it tough to maintain the tight tolerances noted.

DC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry I should have posted the page www.starapex.com/rpe1.html
    Ken

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cant find the original site, but thats the idea... http://www.idolmotor.projesi.com