Turret Clamp Switches for SKT-21-LMS

Thread: Turret Clamp Switches for SKT-21-LMS

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Turret Clamp Switches for SKT-21-LMS

I have a 2006 SKT 21-LMS lathe and am looking for any assistance available on how to access the clamp switches on the turret. I cannot seem to get a panel off that is large enough to allow me to even see the back side of the turret at this time. Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Turret Clamp Switches for SKT-21-LMS

Got panel(s) off to look at the turret clamps, which ended up being in great shape. However, once I run a program through the fanuc Oi-TC controller and the line of code with a tool on it gets read the code stalls out and the turret no longer functions until I do a full reset on it. I can get a program to run if I manually set the tool I want into position before running the code. The code stops at the tool line (ex. T0101) I hit reset and start again and it will continue running the code. If there is a tool change in the code though it will stall again instead of switching tool and continuing on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Turret Clamp Switches for SKT-21-LMS

The Hyundai uses a macro to do the too change in combination with PLC ladder. You can probably get the code to run when on the correct station because the macro checks to see if it is on the right station and will "skip ahead" of the indexing procedure and just updates the offset as long as the station is correct. I would guess that you still have a signal missing that is preventing your indexing. Look through the turret section of your ladder to see what signals are needed such as clamp/unclamp/ parts catcher retract, door closed, turret location (in some cases), or other signals.

Are you hearing the turret unclamp? is the feedrate up? (not at zero) Is the door closed? Was it indexing fine before in a program and then suddenly stopped? Have you tried in MDI? Can you manually index the turret? Not meaning to shotgun you, but a few more details are needed.

What "seems" to be happening or not happening in the turret indexing sequence...Position, unclamp, rotate, clamp...where does it "hang"? Are any indicators "on" on the display such as FIN, etc?

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.