Hyundai SE2200LSY

Thread: Hyundai SE2200LSY

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hyundai SE2200LSY

Hello all,

I'm trying to choose between a Hyundai-Wia SE2200LSY and a comparable Doosan Lynx 2100 model. These things are very close on features, price, and performance, but one issue is that there's so little information on the Hyundai available online. I can't even find a list of M-codes let alone a complete programming manual. Both vendors have been great, but I haven't had to ask Doosan much because the answers are easy to find online.

Doosan has a complete post available for Fusion 360, but it uses more than a few M-codes and G-codes that are not listed in the Fanuc 0i programming manual I found. I have no idea how much work it would be to customize the post to work with the Hyundai.

Does anyone have any insight on resources aside from the distributor.

Ken

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hyundai SE2200LSY

Quote Originally Posted by ksanalytical View Post
    Hello all,

I'm trying to choose between a Hyundai-Wia SE2200LSY and a comparable Doosan Lynx 2100 model. These things are very close on features, price, and performance, but one issue is that there's so little information on the Hyundai available online. I can't even find a list of M-codes let alone a complete programming manual. Both vendors have been great, but I haven't had to ask Doosan much because the answers are easy to find online.

Doosan has a complete post available for Fusion 360, but it uses more than a few M-codes and G-codes that are not listed in the Fanuc 0i programming manual I found. I have no idea how much work it would be to customize the post to work with the Hyundai.

Does anyone have any insight on resources aside from the distributor.

Ken
    I have a Hyundai SE2200LSY. I got the machine this past summer and so far it is holding +/-0.0002" for me. I did have to modify the Doosan post processor for it to work with the Hyundai but I have been very happy with the machine so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response. I ended up buying the SE2200LSY. It was delivered in January of 2022. It wasn't 100% smooth sailing, but it's been working great after the initial bumps. I'm not all that far away from you so I'm guessing you bought this through Hillary Machine tools. Who was your salesman?

Modifying the post processor was more complicated than I was hoping it would be, but I needed it to be more comprehensive than most as I don't really run any production. At this point, I can post code that deals with the hand-off to the sub, live tools, part ejector/catcher, etc with no manual edits so I'm happy. I made some adapters for the pneumatic part ejector that help alot with keeping chips out of the sub-collet and pushing parts of different diameters.

I actually just bought a Hyundai HH020 robot as well. Training in January.

Feel free to send a PM and I'll share my contact info. I'm a few hours away in Denton, TX.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I am planning to buy a Hyundai Wia SE2200LSY with option of 6 bar pressure as the standard pressure is 0.5 Bar. I have also added pneumatic part ejector , sub part catcher and 24 indexing position in turret. I am not sure if I am missing anything. I use Fusion 360 for my haas but not sure how to go about Hyundai Post processor. Can you help?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chiragkaid View Post
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a Hyundai Wia SE2200LSY with option of 6 bar pressure as the standard pressure is 0.5 Bar. I have also added pneumatic part ejector , sub part catcher and 24 indexing position in turret. I am not sure if I am missing anything. I use Fusion 360 for my haas but not sure how to go about Hyundai Post processor. Can you help?
    IMO... Before selecting hi-pressure coolant, I would seriously consider the tool measure option (you will use EVERY time you set a tool).
    Next, get as big a spindle bore as possible (Dia 60 allows you to use 2" stock).
    As for a post processor, I think it's a Fanuc contol, so it should be well covered, with any CAD system you use.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chiragkaid View Post
    Hi,
    I've very happy with my SE2200LSY. I bought the coolant pressure upgrade 290psi. I'm not sure if it's all that beneficial for the size of tools I'm running, but with 24 positions some stations have three or four ports open so it's nice to see lots of pressure in those situations. The spindle handles 2.5" bars just fine. It won't quite clear a 2.625" bar.

The best upgrade I made was dead-length royal collet chucks on the main and sub. It's very rare that I need to move any tools for clearance and I bought enough collets to cover the full range of the bore so soft-jaws are very rarely needed.

My machine also has a motorized tool presenter which I would not recommend. It gets in the way more than anything else and there's no real integration for break-checking tools. I also bought the tool-load-management option which is basically useless. The idea was that between those two options, I could run lights out. Neither did what I'd hoped.

I have the coolant wash down option which us nice for plastics. Also the part conveyor. It's very nice to have so the parts don't crash into each other. It's designed to fee toward the main spindle, but I mounted it in reverse without too much trouble.

In hindsight, I would have bought the upgraded chip conveyor that filters smaller chips. The plastic and Aluminum passes through the standard conveyor too easily.

Air blast on the main and sub are great. I also bought the through-sub-spindle coolant which is nice for washing out the collet and the pneumatic part pusher. The coolant comes out through the part pusher. I 3D print extensions for the pusher for different parts and its amazing. I include coolant ports in the extension and set the diameter as needed for each part. It's a life saver wheb machining rings and parts with open centers.