Need Help! Loading Hyundai Hit 20 parameters

Thread: Loading Hyundai Hit 20 parameters

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Loading Hyundai Hit 20 parameters

I lost my machine parameters. I found a floppy in the back cabinet that I think has them. The problem is I need some instructions on how to load them. There are no disc, usb or floppy input on the machine. I do see a big old serial port however.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? Do I need to find an old floppy drive and cable? Does the floppy drive need to be powered etc.

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Loading Hyundai Hit 20 parameters

Typically the floppy can be opened on any PC and the parameters can be manually entered if you are in a pinch.

You would need to set communication parameters for RS232, build a cable, get upload software for the PC in order to reload them via RS232, so it may be more work than manually loading them.

Which control are you using by the way?

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I'm using the Siemens 840 D control.

I tried opening the floppy on my computer but it won't open. It asks what I want to open it with. Do you know?

Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

The Siemens should have default parameters stored on the hard drive that can be loaded after a battery failure. I'll attach the crude procedure that I have. The floppy may contain a backup. try to open with wordpad to see if it contains the text files or gibberish. Sometimes scrolling through the file can still show some clues. You will still need to re establish offsets etc. when done and do a careful prove out after completion.

Best regards,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loading Hyundai Hit 20 parameters-siemens-battery-jpg  
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Much appreciated. I need to leave it for the weekend for now but I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

The floppy contains readable text.

The cause of this entire problem was a huge mistake. While changing the 3v battery in the removeable fan battery tray one of the two prongs was accidently bent over due to misalignment on reassembly. The machine couldn't be turned off or information would be lost. While trying to straighten the bent prong a slip caused some sparks. The prong was eventually straightened and the battery tray installed but evidently some damage was done. We tried to use your instructions for system initialization but we can't get far. Trying to open startup we got Error while reading a DDE variable. Also an alarm 2001, PLC Has Not Started UP. (the most common one on numerous tries.) Also another alarm seen a few times was 120201: Communication Failed. I also notice everything loads very slowly.

I can only imagine how bad this can be. Any help on possibility's of whats wrong or a procedure to help isolate or deal with this would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to start having boards tested? I just don't know where to start or who would be good for testing other than Siemens. I just can't afford those guys.