Need Help! Hyundai HiT-18S: Spindle Clamp (M6/M7) Backwards

Thread: Hyundai HiT-18S: Spindle Clamp (M6/M7) Backwards

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hyundai HiT-18S: Spindle Clamp (M6/M7) Backwards

I've got a HiT-18S (with a Sinumerik 840C control) that I've just recently pulled out of general reset due to some other issues. The machine seems to be operating normally except for when actuating the work piece clamp either with the foot-pedal or via M-codes. When the collet is physically open, the lamp on the machine will light "clamped", and vice versa when the collet is physically closed. M6 will close the collet, and M7 will open it.

I'm suspecting the machine is in some mode to clamp by the inner diameter of a part rather than the outside of it, however I'm unsure of where to look to adjust the setting. Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hyundai HiT-18S: Spindle Clamp (M6/M7) Backwards

The is a selection switch for inside/outside clamping on the lefthand side of the control(between the display screen & the lathe door), white door with a screwed in knob to keep it closed, inside is this switch, an emergency over travel release button & a power socket. This may be your solution, otherwise the chuck clamp/unclamp sensors on the end of the spindle could've been removed & re-installed wrong(I doubt this but have seen it). There is some parameters in the control that also relate to this, but I can't remember which ones, but you can turn the clamp/unclamp sensors off, use only one pedal instead of two to clamp/unclamp etc. Hope this helps a little I'm away from the shop for a few days so I can't go & have a look at a machine to jog my memory

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply; I think you're on to something. The operators had forgotten that switch even existed.

When I open that panel the power clamp light is indeed on "INT", however actuating the key switch has no effect on the lamp.
    Hoping it was just a bad switch, I pulled it and jumped (and opened) the two wires attached to it (0v & '144') to test, but still no joy.

I'm not sure if '144' leads to the 3 yellow input blocks in the back of the machine, but nothing changes there either when actuating the switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Got it!
    Non-functioning INT/EXT chuck keyswitch was caused by ribbon connector X122 on the breakout board behind the keypad being partially disconnected.
    Re-seated X122 and the keyswich and chuck function as expected.

Thanks for your help, Atmosports