AL-4 Lubrication Oil Lack alarm

Thread: AL-4 Lubrication Oil Lack alarm

Default AL-4 Lubrication Oil Lack alarm

Have a 1995 KT-21 lathe that I'm getting started with and just threw this alarm. I don't have any maintenance specs for the lathe-- just programming and operators manuals for the Yasnac control.

Anyone have specs for the lubricants needed with a Hyundai/Kia from this vintage? Assume this alarm is for the way oiler at back right of the machine, and not fluid for the hydraulic pump.

Would love info on way oil, hydraulic fluid, and if anything needs to be greased regularly (like on my old mill).

Thanks!
    John

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AL-4 Lubrication Oil Lack alarm

Usually there is a placard in the machine showing lubes and required maintenance frequency. If not the stick with your standards like Vactra 2 or tonna t68. STS’s Black Ice Waylube 68 checks out between them both but as an alternative costs less.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Thank you. Had another look and found the placard. It does take a type 68 way oil. Will pick some up tonight!

--John

Downloads
    Uploads

68 is the correct way oil. I had a oil pressure alarm come up a few times. I would just lift the plunger manually and give it a few pumps and leave it at a top position. I could never get the alarm to go away without turning the machine off an on again. Sometimes it would run for an hour and the alarm would come again. I would do the same thing plunger, off and on but it would only run for another hour. For some reason, it would get back to working but only after I plunged and left the plunger up over night!! Very crazy! Im starting to think its air bubbles in the oil if I pour the oil to quickly into the tank.
    Wish I could offer more but its working again. Next time I won't let the oil run out and I will try pouring it slow.