Hyundai 8g

Thread: Hyundai 8g

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hyundai 8g

I've found a lathe coming up for sale locally to me that has caught my attention. A little old but it would be almost perfect for what I want to do.
    I have posted a question in the siemens forum about the controller and am posting here as to the machine itself.
    Although it is a gang tool machine presently it has a power chuck on it which by the pics appears to be drawbar actuated and not drawtube.
    My intended use would be barfeeding and a collet chuck.
    Is my assumption that the drawbar could be switched to a drawtube correct?
    I can't see running a gang tool lathe as a chucker very productive in most cases.
    To those who have owned them, were you happy with the machine? Anything to check for on inspection?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hyundai 8g

Should be able to switch it to drawtube with no problem. New actuator may be required if not hollow. They are a very durable machine with few problems. Check for spindle or axis noise when moving.
    Also check for barfeeder interface on the machine.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

This machine is not under power and lost its parameters according to the auction company. Apperently this is the second time it has happened and it does not come with boot disks. It was reloaded by a local company twice already id assume a cmos issue with the battery holding power. I will be looking at it monday. It seems fairley clean but will be very difficult to assess without power. Is there any info/suggestions the forumn would like to give for us before the first.

Quote Originally Posted by welderboyjk View Post
    I've found a lathe coming up for sale locally to me that has caught my attention. A little old but it would be almost perfect for what I want to do.
    I have posted a question in the siemens forum about the controller and am posting here as to the machine itself.
    Although it is a gang tool machine presently it has a power chuck on it which by the pics appears to be drawbar actuated and not drawtube.
    My intended use would be barfeeding and a collet chuck.
    Is my assumption that the drawbar could be switched to a drawtube correct?
    I can't see running a gang tool lathe as a chucker very productive in most cases.
    To those who have owned them, were you happy with the machine? Anything to check for on inspection?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info, Okuma.
    Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Should be able to switch it to drawtube with no problem. New actuator may be required if not hollow. They are a very durable machine with few problems. Check for spindle or axis noise when moving.

Best regards,

Downloads
    Uploads

Sandvet, you've gotten more info than I have.
    I was told it would probably need to be reloaded and that there were disks with parameters available.
    I was wondering if it was under power due to no powered up pics.
    It does look fairly clean but I guess if not running that makes a difference lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandvet03 View Post
    This machine is not under power and lost its parameters according to the auction company. Apperently this is the second time it has happened and it does not come with boot disks. It was reloaded by a local company twice already id assume a cmos issue with the battery holding power. I will be looking at it monday. It seems fairley clean but will be very difficult to assess without power. Is there any info/suggestions the forumn would like to give for us before the first.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sand, tried to send you a PM but you're full.

Downloads
    Uploads

Working on emptying some out
    Quote Originally Posted by welderboyjk View Post
    Sand, tried to send you a PM but you're full.

Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed hyandai usa to see what it runs for a disk set or parameters, idk if they still offer support, i have not dealt with them before. The auction contact did state the place that reloaded it before was local he was going to try to get that info.

Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed hyandai usa to see what it runs for a disk set or parameters, idk if they still offer support, i have not dealt with them before. The auction contact did state the place that reloaded it before was local he was going to try to get that info.

Downloads
    Uploads

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Sandvet03 View Post

Downloads
    Uploads

Okuma, where would one look for the bar feed interface? Would there be a plug on the spindle end of the machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post

Best regards,