HIT-18S, need help with tailstock

Thread: HIT-18S, need help with tailstock

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HIT-18S, need help with tailstock

I can't find anything on the tailstock in any of my manuals. I do have a type written sheet from the former owner with a list of M codes. I need to move both the body and quill front. I used a M10 then a M31 on the next line and only the quill moves front. If I move the body manually the program will move the quill out then the program stop and errors tailstock not in position. Do I need a dwell after the M31 line?

M32 at end of program only retracts the quill. I need both back to get my part out.

840C control ver 4 software.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Not at work near a machine at present but it's the same for 840c as 840d etc so M11 moves the tailstock body towards the chuck, m31 moves the tailstock quill towards the chuck. M32 retracts the quill away from the chuck & M10 retracts the tailstock body. On the later 840d's you have to have the chuck stopped M05 to move the tailstock in or out of position, pretty sure it's the same on the ealier 840c's but it's been a while since I last run a 840c controller so not 100% sure.

I run a Hit-15s,Hit-18S & a Hit-30M all with either 840c's or 840d controllers if that's of any help to you as well

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. This Is what I got so far. The sheet I found has this.
    --------------------
    M10 Tail body joint ON, (base advance then quill advance when M31)

M11 Tail body Joint OFF (Just quill not body when M31)

M31 Body and Quill Advance depending on M10 or M11

M32 Body and Quill retract Depending on M10 or M11
    ---------------

M10 and M11 are backwards!

If I enter M11 M31 in MDA (MDI for everyone else) it works, body moves out to stop then quill extends.

If I put M11 M31 in the program it works but then program errors and says
    "9117 Tailspindle not in position" The quill is on the prox switch. and If I restart leaving the tail extended program will run.???

I added a G4X2. on the next line but it did not help.

M11 M32 at end of program works perfect to retract the tail.

How do I get rid of the 9117 error? My Hyundai Operators Guide does not list a 9117 error.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FIXED

I got everything to work. I had the tailstock pressure set very low, too low it would appear, when I turned up the pressure it moved faster and no more time out errors.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem. You help me a lot. But when I programed a tailstock M11M31 tailtock moves and program do not start. This program line do not done. I can't start spindle. My simpe program:

M5
    M11 M31 {this line stoped program - i do not know why}
    S500
    G54
    M03