powermax45 for cnc

Thread: powermax45 for cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default powermax45 for cnc

I just picked up a used Powermax45 that I would like to use in a diy cnc tube/pipe cutter. I have a akz250 bob, what would I need to interface between the bob and the powermax cpc port? Pins 3 and 4 are for arc start stop, pins 12 and 14 are for motion, and 5 and 6 are for torch height. What do I need to interface these pins to the bob for control?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: powermax45 for cnc

Hi,
    I worked for a company fixing welders and plasmas and was a service agent for Hypertherm.

The pins in the socket are for
    1) Input to the Powermax45 open/closed contacts to start the arc. This is the equivalent of the trigger on a handheld torch
    2) Output from the Powermax45 to the CNC controller, sometimes called 'ArcOK' or 'Motion' . It signals the CNC controller that the plasma arc has started
    and is ready to cut, ie motion can be initiated.
    3) Output of Powermax45 to TorchHeightContoller. The arc voltage is passively divide by 50 and supplied to the output pins as an analogue
    voltage that can be used by the TorchHeigthtController or alternately the CNC controller to adjust the torch height. For example if the arc voltage
    at the current instant is 145V then the output will be 145/50=2.9V

So the Powermax45 socket is pretty simple. What you should be asking is how your controller handles it outputs and whether you have a separate TorchHeightController?

Craig

Good morning, I have reached out to our (Hypertherm Inc) technical service dept with your question. One of our techs Bob Chorney would like to get back to you. do you have an email you can share with me so i can have him get in touch? Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you. you can send me that info in a private message.

Downloads
    Uploads

HypHyDef, your account does not accept private messages

Downloads
    Uploads

The akz250 has 16 inputs and 8 outputs. I know nothing about how to set up the out from the powermax to the in of the akz250. and visa versa. I would need an out from the bob to start arc...would that be out from bob to pin 3 or 4? To start motion I would need an out from pin 12/14 to input on the bob? No torch height as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phongshader View Post
    HypHyDef, your account does not accept private messages
    Sorry about that. i've fixed it and sent you a PM.