Greetings All! I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am looking to gain knowledge and insight into certain things and would like to offer whatever help I can. Now, onto my dilema.

I run a large plate processing center that uses a Hypertherm HPR 400 XD plasma cutter. I have been given the task to cut 1/2" thick steel plate 5" wide by 127" long. My issue is that two sides have to be beveled at a 37.5 degree angle along the length of the piece. Of course it's the customer's material so I don't have a lot of room for error. I have not had good luck in the past the bevel cutting long narrow pieces, especially when both sides are getting beveled. The material always wants to warp one way or the other. I have tried to jump around the plate so that the heat is distributed elsewhere, and then go back after it cools. I have tried placing tags along the length and doing shorter cuts, but rarely does the bevel blend in well when I re-pierce and cut back into the cut path. Unfortunately, these pieces have to be dead on because our customer is using them for welding coupons.

Any advice that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.