hypertherm 1000 g3 scaled arc settings??

Thread: hypertherm 1000 g3 scaled arc settings??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default hypertherm 1000 g3 scaled arc settings??

Having issues with plasma table. Using a hypertherm 1000 g3. Scaled arc voltage on plasma table was set at 5volts. Looking in manual it says "full arc voltage. No voltage divider. 300vdc maximum. Does this mean I should have the machine set to 300volts?? I've been cutting 1/4" and 16 gage for a bit and it's been working fine. Switched to 1/2" material and struggling with getting decent consistent performance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: hypertherm 1000 g3 scaled arc settings??

What brand and model cnc plasma table? The arc voltage that can be measured inside the Powermax1000 is used as feedback for your cnc machine or height control to control torch to work distance. To help you we need to know what table you have, as well as interface connections between the Powermax and the table. Jim Colt

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    What brand and model cnc plasma table? The arc voltage that can be measured inside the Powermax1000 is used as feedback for your cnc machine or height control to control torch to work distance. To help you we need to know what table you have, as well as interface connections between the Powermax and the table. Jim Colt
    Thanks for reply Jim. Table is a fastcut g5 with water table running dynatorch software. Had a friend with more plasma cutting experience than myself help out yesterday. Made a few changes to settings and was able to get thru the job. Changed the scaled arc from 5 to 6 volts and also changed pierce delay from .4 to 1.5 sec. Book settings for voltage said 141 and we ended up running at 137. I have some excess play in z column so torch height was lower than actual setting due to backlash, in the process of fixing this but raising the z height seems to be working for now. Honestly didn't realize setting should be as critical as it looks like it is. Have some 3/8 aluminum coming up so hoping that goes a bit better.