Powermax 105 Torchmate Machine to Hand Torch

Thread: Powermax 105 Torchmate Machine to Hand Torch

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Powermax 105 Torchmate Machine to Hand Torch

I have a Hypertherm PowerMax 105 connected to a Torchmate 5x10 table with a machine torch. How do I use a hand held torch to just make quick cuts from scrap? Do I have to unplug the cnc control cables from the back? Then just plug in the hand torch. Or can I leave everything hooked up and just change out the machine torch to the handheld torch but not turn on the program? Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Powermax 105 Torchmate Machine to Hand Torch

Unplug the machine torch, plug in the hand torch. Connect the work clamp to what you need to cut, start cutting. When the machine torch is plugged in it will only fire from a signal through the rear panel CPC port on the Powermax105. When the hand torch is plugged in it will only fire from its trigger switch. There is no need to unplug the CPC connector from the Powermax when using the hand torch. Jim Colt

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Unplug the machine torch, plug in the hand torch. Connect the work clamp to what you need to cut, start cutting. When the machine torch is plugged in it will only fire from a signal through the rear panel CPC port on the Powermax105. When the hand torch is plugged in it will only fire from its trigger switch. There is no need to unplug the CPC connector from the Powermax when using the hand torch. Jim Colt
    Straight from the man. Thanks so much for the quick response