Problem Just got my Hypertherm 65 and am somewhat disappointed

Thread: Just got my Hypertherm 65 and am somewhat disappointed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just got my Hypertherm 65 and am somewhat disappointed

Well, I picked up my Hypertherm 65 after waiting 5 weeks for it to arrived and forking out AU$6000 for it and consumable kits, get it home, open it up and find a 3/4" thick bound printed 'Safety and Compliance Manual' with the same thing written in 25 languages....... and the operators manual as a PDF on a CD! Seriously, I spend OVER $6000 AND DON"T EVEN GET A PRINTED MANUAL!!!???? I stick in the CD and open the PDF Manual and there on the 'Check Contents Page' it lists a PRINTED OPERATORS MANUAL. So, I think, this must be a mistake, so I ring the place I bought it from, GENTRONICS, 12/14 Adams Dr, Welshpool WA 6106, Western Australia and ask the question. They check 3 other hypertherm's they have in stock and say none of them have printed operators manual either. Must be a mistake they say, they'll order one and post it to me they say. Picked up the post today and there's a parcel from them with a 10 page printed PDF (with formatting errors) for a 'CUT 65' Chinese plasma cutter. On reflection I Deleted what I originally wrote here, so use you imagination as to what I would have said! As it is a long weekend holiday for AUSTRALIA Day, I will have to wait till Monday(Maybe Tuesday) before I can vent to Gentronics, but was hoping Jim Colt could clarify if Printed Manuals are supplied with NON US units?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just got my Hypertherm 65 and am somewhat disappointed

paulomacc,

I have no idea what we (Hypertherm) are supplying for printed manuals currently. I will forward your message to our Powermax team and as soon as I get a reply I will respond. You can always contact Hypertherm directly and get a quick response, contact information for our offices in different regions of the world can be found on the Plasma, waterjet and laser cutting systems from Hypertherm website. Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by paulmacc View Post
    Well, I picked up my Hypertherm 65 after waiting 5 weeks for it to arrived and forking out AU$6000 for it and consumable kits, get it home, open it up and find a 3/4" thick bound printed 'Safety and Compliance Manual' with the same thing written in 25 languages....... and the operators manual as a PDF on a CD! Seriously, I spend OVER $6000 AND DON"T EVEN GET A PRINTED MANUAL!!!???? I stick in the CD and open the PDF Manual and there on the 'Check Contents Page' it lists a PRINTED OPERATORS MANUAL. So, I think, this must be a mistake, so I ring the place I bought it from, GENTRONICS, 12/14 Adams Dr, Welshpool WA 6106, Western Australia and ask the question. They check 3 other hypertherm's they have in stock and say none of them have printed operators manual either. Must be a mistake they say, they'll order one and post it to me they say. Picked up the post today and there's a parcel from them with a 10 page printed PDF (with formatting errors) for a 'CUT 65' Chinese plasma cutter. On reflection I Deleted what I originally wrote here, so use you imagination as to what I would have said! As it is a long weekend holiday for AUSTRALIA Day, I will have to wait till Monday(Maybe Tuesday) before I can vent to Gentronics, but was hoping Jim Colt could clarify if Printed Manuals are supplied with NON US units?

Downloads
    Uploads

Damn Jim your quick! As I said it's listed on the 'Check Contents Page' that there should be a printed manual in the box, so I was just hoping it was an oversight, but when they said the 3 other units they had in stock had no Operators Manuals I thought maybe you don't. I hope that's not the case. Will wait to hear what you find out. Thanks Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

The last one that I opened that was clearly sealed from the factory in the USA had a manual (as well as the safety and compliance manual that we are required by CSA and CE to include). As soon as I find out the current status I will respond. paulmacc ...if you want to send your contact info directly to me feel free. Send to jim.colt@hypertherm.com .

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim for sorting this out for me. I have a manual in the Post! Hopefully this was just a problem at the retailers end. I will be having another 'chat' with them after the long weekend. Just goes to show the advantage of buying a premium product, you get premium support!