Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again Jim. I've updated my site.

Cheers

Ian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jim - since you last gave me info on which Hypertherm models have an inbuilt interface for THC all of my customers so far have been users of the ones we've already discussed (Powermax45/65/85, Powermax1000, 1250 and 1650) so no problems.

However I've just had a request as to whether my THC will work with a "HT 2000". I've suggested they contact their Hypertherm rep to see what interface they have (if any) and if it's the usual torch on/off arc OK, 50:1 arc voltage divider on a CPC that interfaces to cable 123896.

In an attempt to keep the info on my site up-to-date however it would be useful to know if Hypertherm now have other models that have a similar interface (including of course the HT 2000).

Many thanks

Ian
    Razordance THC

Downloads
    Uploads

The Powermax series of air plasma systems (above 30 amps) all have a pretty similar interface that includes a simple start input, arc transferred output as well as divided arc voltage output.

Hypertherm's Industrial 100% duty cycle systems (any system from Hypertherm that is 130 amps or higher) are quite a bit different, and the interface varies from model to model. These systems include the Max200, Maxpro200, HT2000, (the Maxpro200 replace both the Max200 and HT2000 in our product line earlier this year) HSD130, HPR130xd, HPR260xd, HPR400xd, HPR800xd. All of these units use high frequency starting...which can create electrical noise interference with equipment that is not specifically designed to work with it.

The interface on the Max200 is relatively simple, with a plasma start input and an arc transferred output. It does not have a divided arc voltage output as it normally is used on industrial machines with industrial height controls that provide their own voltage divider boards, generally with filtered, isolated input and outputs. The Maxpro200 has a similar interface.

Best bet for each of the larger systems would be to download the system manuals from the Hypertherm website, each of which have interface details.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    Hi Jim - since you last gave me info on which Hypertherm models have an inbuilt interface for THC all of my customers so far have been users of the ones we've already discussed (Powermax45/65/85, Powermax1000, 1250 and 1650) so no problems.

However I've just had a request as to whether my THC will work with a "HT 2000". I've suggested they contact their Hypertherm rep to see what interface they have (if any) and if it's the usual torch on/off arc OK, 50:1 arc voltage divider on a CPC that interfaces to cable 123896.

In an attempt to keep the info on my site up-to-date however it would be useful to know if Hypertherm now have other models that have a similar interface (including of course the HT 2000).

Many thanks

Ian
    Razordance THC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim - all makes sense. My THC works very well with the powermax range and I've had excellent customer feedback but it's clearly not designed for the Industrial 100% duty cycle systems. That keeps things nice and simple. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Best bet for each of the larger systems would be to download the system manuals from the Hypertherm website, each of which have interface details.
    I did try that before I posted but as per my post a couple of years back in this thread I'm still unable to get the downloads page to give up any of it's secrets (Operator and service manuals | Hypertherm) - either it tells me "No manuals were found for your product selection" from the dropdown or if I choose ALL it gives me a list with download links but they all appear dead.

Thanks

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: powermax robotics/cnc interface

Dear Mr Jim
    I am using powermax 65 spurce with Fanuc 100ic/8l robot
    need help for setting
    cpc out put data connected to Analog input module(AAD04A)
    divider set to 50:1(hypertherm)
    on tech pendant weld IO setting (it shows graph AI-weld voltage)AI(min-max)--i set min-0 and max -10V and weld voltage 139v max and 0v minimum is it right ?
    or weld voltage max will be 139/50=2.78v max and min-0 ? or max 395v-min 0v..?
    please suggest as height controll with AVC in robot can not be optimised.
    please refer picture of ipendant.
    upowermax robotics/cnc interface-image-jpegnfortunately photo not uploading

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123