Macros again - Drilling macro with automatic search in NC tool lib.

Thread: Macros again - Drilling macro with automatic search in NC tool lib.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Macros again - Drilling macro with automatic search in NC tool lib.

Hi All

Today I had some time to try figure out this Macro thing in Hypermill, while calculating on a larger part.

I have made macros for our standard reaming of H7 holes, one macro for each H7 holes, both thru and with bottom holes. Pain in the A** to do.

Now I’m trying to figure out how to make one macro that can handle all NC drills in our library, without making 100 programs and saving them one by one.

I have made such strategy in Edgecam, that search the tool library for drills with NC numbers in the library that fits the feature diameter. And gives an alarm/comment if the diameter of the hole doesn’t fit with the NC tools. If tool is too short to drill the hole from one side, it automatically figure out to drill half of the hole from one side, if the standard tool is long enough to do so, and make a comment that says that feature needs to be drilled from two sides. Edgecam Strategy manager works absolutely great because of the drag and drop layout.

I want to make some rules that can change the tool in a simple drilling cycle, searching for the drill in the library that fits the feature. When saving a macro from a feature, the feature is locked to the macro by default. Is there a way to make the feature in the operation flexible, so it fits the drill in the NC library automatically?

Cheers,

Daniel

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Macros again - Drilling macro with automatic search in NC tool lib.

I did figure out how to do it a little smarter, but it is still a larger job to do, but now all the thru holes are done.

It is in “one” macro now and is controlled by the rule F : D = (The feature diameter) then job = active. Still needed to copy and edit rule and tool 50 times or so, but when it is done it works.

Now I need to do for blind holes with the same tools... is there a easy way to make a macro from a thru hole feature work with one with a blind hole? Without having to repeat the task of all holes/tools again?

Cheers, Daniel

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

I have managed to figure out a little more about the use of rules, but I have a little headache about linking the tool variables to my code. I need to know the variable for the flute length on a tool, to make a little algorithm to figure out some safety in my macros, based upon some code I made for a really big Drilling strategy for Edgecam.

I know there are like 50 words about the use of rules in the user manual, but there has to be some more info somewhere?

Hypermill has to make a couple of webinars about macro programming, it may be one of the greatest features for CNC programming of standard features in the software.

The thing is that I am trying to make a macro database, that is based upon the way the programming and operating of machinery, has been optimized and thought about for years where I work.

Cheers, Daniel

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Still trying to figure out more about this macro thing, and I have managed to make macros for 50% of our standard holes.

Now I want to make some of the macros more intelligent to handle the way we do things a little better.

I need the variable list that is linked to the tool used. There are the variable T:Len but need the tip length and cutting length of the tool as well.

Does anyone have a variable list?

Cheers, Daniel