Need Help! Hypermill for Solidworks performance problems!

Thread: Hypermill for Solidworks performance problems!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hypermill for Solidworks performance problems!

Hi There,

About a month ago I started programming in Hypermill, cool program with a lot of features and cycles for 5 axis work. Been programming Edgecam and Mastercam for a decade, but only 3 axis work.

I’m working on a rather large molding part with a lot of contours, pockets and holes. It seems that the pc or hypermill have problems with this large part/assembly, the software shuts down about 4-6 times a day, and reloading the part takes just around 30 minutes each time.

There is no patterns in why the program shuts down or freezing, moving from one operation to another can do it, but saving the part is also causing the program to shut down or freeze. Today I left the office while the program freezed, and I will see if it started working by Monday so I can save the part!

Has anyone had similar problems and maybe some suggestions how to fix it?

The part is heavy, using my space mouse is almost impossible! But the computer only uses about 30% of the ram/cpu.

Cheers, Daniel

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hypermill for Solidworks performance problems!

Daniel.

This sounds like a graphics card mismatch or driver compatibility. Check our web site for recommendations. https://www.openmind-tech.com/en-us/...formation.html

Be aware that periodic Microsoft system updates can override previous settings. Also run the "systemchecktool" utility that will also tell you about possible system mismatches.

And the forum is great, but technical service is best from OM or your local partner directly - support@openmind-tech.com.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I will call someone Monday.

Forums are great when someone has a question Saturday evening, after a long day at job with a lot of problems (-:

Cheers, Daniel

QUOTE=Alan L;2371024] Daniel.

This sounds like a graphics card mismatch or driver compatibility. Check our web site for recommendations. https://www.openmind-tech.com/en-us/...formation.html

Be aware that periodic Microsoft system updates can override previous settings. Also run the "systemchecktool" utility that will also tell you about possible system mismatches.

And the forum is great, but technical service is best from OM or your local partner directly - support@openmind-tech.com.

Alan[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hypermill for Solidworks performance problems!

Hi,

Problem solved, new workstation pc with i9, 62gb ram and a 8gb quadro graphic card! No crash until now, and saving the part takes under a minute now(it took 10 to 20 minutes before)

Happy programmer now :-)

Cheers, Daniel