TRAINING

Thread: TRAINING

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TRAINING

Hi,

I got Hypermill late last year and went on the 3 day basic training course. I don't get to use it as much as I should as some of the work is programmed on the machine and I'm still using the old cam software as I know it very well. Are there any good training dvd's available to buy? There are a few short vids on youtube but they don't show much. I need some tutorials with exercises to do so I can learn better. I'm finding it harder to take in as I get older.

Any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TRAINING

Hi, welcome to our forum.

Not much traffic here though.

I do not know of any training videos other than the few on youtube. I only use it inside of Autodesk Inventor. Do you have it running inside of Inventor, Solidworks or with their CAD?

Cheers
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave,

I have it in Hypercad-S. When I enquired about it at one of the engineering shows I was originally looking to have it running in Solidworks. After talking with the guys it seemed a better thing to use their own Cad system. It's just going to take time to learn but when I have work to do I find myself reverting back to the Onecnc software that I've used for years because I know it so well, even though it has limitations, which is the main reason for moving up a gear and getting Hypermill.

I'm going to one of their events in a couple of weeks time so I'll mention it to them, see if I can persuade them to put out some dvd's.

Thanks for the reply,

Steve.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with you, I myself have never understood why somebody would want to use any CAD other than the one they use on a daily bases. For me that is Inventor and for you it could be Solidworks. Using Hypermill in Inventor is easy because the integration of the two has been done so well. I wonder if it is that way in Solidworks too?

I do not know Onecnc but I have heard good things about it. What is an example of something you cannot do with it that you needed?

I can attest to Hypermill being an amazing CAM package. I always find a way to cut exactly what I want to cut with it. But sometimes you have to try a few different strategies to get it done. Like sometimes it is better to just temporarily take out a feature on your model to get what you want.

If you have any questions about it I would be happy to help.

Cheers