Hurricane Laser Connections and power requirements

Thread: Hurricane Laser Connections and power requirements

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurricane Laser Connections and power requirements

I have just purchased a Hurricane Laser (120W Katrina), the hepa filter and chiller. It should be arriving in the next week or so. I was having a hard time finding information on the size of the filter and chiller. Also, I wanted to see some pics of the connections so I can plan where to put the accessories. I am reorganizing my shop and want to make sure I have enough room. Also what kind of power connections should I have ready? Amperage and voltage? I am going to hire an electrician to install whatever it needs.

Thanks,
    Colin

Similar Threads:

Hurricane21

Colin - The size of the Hepa Filter is 20.5l x 21w x 46.75h. The size of the water chiller is 14l x 16w x 20.75h. I am uploading pictures of the connections for you. The power connection on the Katrina is on the back right hand side of the machine and the water and air connections are on the back left of the machine. Both of these connections are 23" off the floor. The Hepa filter will connect to the back center of the machine with a 6" tube centering at 39" from the back left hand side. The center of the tube is 22.5" off the floor. I will ask our engineer about the power requirements and get back to you. You DO NOT want to plug anything additional into the machine even though it has inputs for power. This will cause it to overheat the switch. Hope this helps. I could only upload one photo link here - Check the 130W Katrina on the site for pictures of the back of the machine and the Hepa filter for additional photos. If you want pictures of the water chiller, the new one will be on the site by Friday or I can email them to you. http://hurricanelasers.com/media/cat...m/img_4668.jpg

Last edited by Hurricane21; 04-25-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Hurricane21

The engineer recommends putting the blower and chiller on at least a 10amp circuit - 20amp would be better. Please put the Katrina on a separate 20amp circuit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for this information. I look forward to seeing more pictures on the site later this week. I am now sure I will have enough planned space for the equipment. Is there any extra items I will need to purchase to hook up everything? Hoses, clamps, wiring?

Hurricane21

The machine comes with exhaust hoses and clamps. The only thing I can think of is maybe a powerstrip with a switch on it - I will plug the accessory items into that so I can just hit the switch and turn them on at the same time. The air compressor and Hepa filter do not have on/off switches - they run when plugged in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to say, I understand that your company is Hurricane Lasers, and it makes sense to make the products after something people can associate with... But most marketing people will tell you that naming a product Katrina is probably not a good idea, given the image that promotes is death and destruction.

Hurricane21

Thanks for the note - our family lived in Florida for over 40 years and lived through our fair share of hurricanes. I can personally attest to the power of the wind and rain that are associated with hurricanes. We had an infant daughter in South Florida during Andrew and helped many people in the aftermath get their lives back together. We lived through another tough hurricane season in 2006 when my Mom's house was passed by three different hurricane eyes. We decided to move our family West and 'escape' the storms and destruction. Hurricane Lasers is about putting it back together in the aftermath of the destructive economy. We are hoping our customers that are buying these machines are improving their lives and starting new businesses in the aftermath.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane21 View Post
    Thanks for the note - our family lived in Florida for over 40 years and lived through our fair share of hurricanes. I can personally attest to the power of the wind and rain that are associated with hurricanes. We had an infant daughter in South Florida during Andrew and helped many people in the aftermath get their lives back together. We lived through another tough hurricane season in 2006 when my Mom's house was passed by three different hurricane eyes. We decided to move our family West and 'escape' the storms and destruction. Hurricane Lasers is about putting it back together in the aftermath of the destructive economy. We are hoping our customers that are buying these machines are improving their lives and starting new businesses in the aftermath.
    I love this. I'm from Florida myself. I lived through Andrew and various other 'canes before moving to the midwest almost 2 years ago. I think it's more upsetting that they give deadly natural forces human names than that you guys name your machines after those storms. Some people may choose to see disrespect in this practice, but I think your reasoning is great.