Anyone own one of the Hurricane brand lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own one of the Hurricane brand lasers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone own one of the Hurricane brand lasers

I am looking at them and Fulll spectrum for one of the 36x24" models. So if anybody owns either one, what have been your experience with them.

Thanks in adavance

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cnctoolman,
    I ordered one, is suppose to be here Tuesday I will let you know. I also researched Full Spectrum and they appanently sell the same manufactures systems as Hurricane. I will keep you updated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't own one, but looking into the background of this company made me decide against ordering from them. See this post:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...ne_lasers.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They resell machines from G. Weike... I have one currently on order direct from the manufacturer in China for considerably less money. For a newbie, might be worth it to have domestic support... I'm considering mine a "project" until proven otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Drad98 View Post
    cnctoolman,
    I ordered one, is suppose to be here Tuesday I will let you know. I also researched Full Spectrum and they appanently sell the same manufactures systems as Hurricane. I will keep you updated.
    Please do as I am still in the process of trying to decide

Quote Originally Posted by Asynchronism View Post
    They resell machines from G. Weike... I have one currently on order direct from the manufacturer in China for considerably less money. For a newbie, might be worth it to have domestic support... I'm considering mine a "project" until proven otherwise.
    Hopefully its not a project. That is not what I am looking for. I just dont have the time for it at the moment. need one that I can hook up and get running. Only options so far that I see for that for a fact is epilog, and that size is out of my budget range at this time, with other purchases going on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When buying a Chinese machine, you have to prepare for the worst. If you aren't willing to do that, then you should buy a domestic made machine or buy from a Chinese machine from a reliable domestic reseller.

Based on my research the name that I've heard the best things about is Rabbit Laser - USA. They seem to have a good business model. They are setup to troubleshoot via phone or internet. They will deliver the machine to you and set it up. They have spare parts and are ready to ship if you need them. They're definitely more than a website and a PO box.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolman View Post
    Hopefully its not a project. That is not what I am looking for. I just dont have the time for it at the moment. need one that I can hook up and get running. Only options so far that I see for that for a fact is epilog, and that size is out of my budget range at this time, with other purchases going on.
    There are some decent used machines out there from Epilog, Universal, Vytek, etc... Laser Resale – We buy, sell and broker qualified used equipment

I agree with the other poster, you have to be prepared for the worst (although I'm somewhat optimistic with my purchase, I still am!). A US company reselling a machine isn't the same as one that manufactures it, although they may make the process easier.

If you need 100% uptime, immediate support and next day / same day parts availability and service, look to one of the US companies. Last month my employees nearly burned my ULS to the ground... the damage was incredible... ULS had me back up and running within 48 hours.

My Chinese machine is going to be a second machine (I already have a ULS), so my need for reliability is a little lower. If it becomes a critical machine for us, I'll purchase an identical second one as a backup, a pile of parts, and/or a third machine for spares. The flip side is that I can get 3 of them for under $20k, and a comparable machine from ULS would run me $75,000...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I received my Hurricane Laser last week without a hitch. The machine is nice. I bought the Ivan model. They told me up front that they are from G Weike.

BUT....I talked to every Chinese company there is and they were all so vague, and then there is the nightmare of importing. I figured this way I had an experienced USA importer in the laser market. They could guarantee everything, and have more pull with the factory. In the worst case situation, I know where to get parts in china.

Everything is going good so far. Just trying to get through the odd lasercut software that is on virtually every machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Hurricane Ivan. Everything is going great! They have gone to extremes to make me happy and earn my business. If you have any questions, I have the machine at my place and can tell you whatever you want. I am a happy customer and want to return the favor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm really considering either the Andrew (36 x 48) or the Charly (24 x 36). Anyone on here have any experience or feedback on either of those big mamalukes? I've been working on an Epilog Legend 36EXT and I've gotten really comfortable with it, but it's twice the price. I'd obviously rather spend half the money, but at what cost? Has anyone on here been able to compare Hurricane and Epilog? What are the big differences? I would expect a learning curve and I'm not scared of that (not $15K scared). I am a little wary of quality issues though. Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DionneD View Post
    Has anyone on here been able to compare Hurricane and Epilog? What are the big differences?
    I currently run a ULS machine (Epilog's primary competitor), and have a 48x60 G Weike (the machine Hurricane imports) arriving in about a week. I'll be posting about the new machine and comparisons in detail once it's here. FWIW, everyone seems to rave about the support from the folks at Hurricane.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've read a lot of good feedback on the forums today too. You know, just hesitant because it's a lot of money for me and they're still really new. But, I'll look forward to your review.
    Thanks so much!

-Dionne

Downloads
    Uploads

well, I ended up buying one of the 24x36 models from Hurricane. It is sitting on the trailer in the garage waiting on me to get her unloaded.

Hurricane21

Default Thank you from Hurricane Lasers!

CNC,

Thank you for your purchase. Please let us know how your set up goes and if there is anything we can assist with. We strive to give our customers the best service available.

We look forward to your feedback as we build our company to provide the best machines and service at the best prices.

Thank you again form the Hurricane Laser Team.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How are those big Hurricane / G. Weike lasers going?

Dave (Asynchronism) and cnctoolman,

I know both of you guys were just receiving your machines a couple of weeks ago. Any chance either of you has gotten to spend much time on them yet? Was paying a fraction of the price a good decision? What kind of things are you cutting with it? How have they compared to others?

Thanks,

-D

Hurricane21

Default Feedback

DionneD,

Let me know how your search goes. I also have references I can provide from owners that have Epilog, Universal, Kern and others and have recently purchases their Hurricane Lasers. One such group is Brian and Mike that are opening their Maker Place in San Diego on March 10. Check them out at MakerPlace.com They spent about 4 hours with us in a demo and purchased a 100W 48x36 Andrew and an 80W 36x24 Charley for their shop. We have also sold several other 60x48 and 48x36 units in the past few weeks to folks that have had demos up to 12 hours long and they would be happy to discuss their experiences.

Thank you for your time and as always we look forward to working with everyone as we bring the best quality machines at the best possible prices to the laser community.

The Hurricane Laser Team
    HurricaneLasers.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using my 80w hurricane for a month, and not a single problem! Im happy I bought it and I am glad I didnt do it any other way. Ian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Bonedoc,

Thanks for the feedback. That's great to hear. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of materials are you cutting? Had you used other machines in the past?

-Dionne

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am mainly cutting ABS and acryllic for electronics parts. I have not had other units, but my friend has 5 universals. I cant see a difference in products. His each were $30k more than mine ;-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hurricane,

Thanks for the message. I understand that you're a fairly small operation so far. So, the fact that you're making time to scour these boards and offer assistance really gives me a great first impression of your customer service.
    I'm in Austin, TX with no quick plans to head to San Diego. But, no worries. I'm expecting to buy in early May (moving in April) so I've got a little time. I might even be heading to Vegas for a brief trip in March and if so, I'll make time to visit your showroom then and put my mind at ease.
    I've read nothing but great reviews about your products, so I'm extremely optimistic.

Thank you!

-Dionne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast