Need Help! Loading NC program

Thread: Loading NC program

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Loading NC program

Hello all,
    I have a Hurco vm2 with the winmax controls, and needed help on how to load a NC program. I also have a hurco with the old ultimax controls and the programs load fine when I change over to NC programming and change the mask, but on these newer controls I can't figure out how to get the Hurco to read my program on the floppy. I'm using mastercam, and tried to save it as a ncs file, but i get a error when I tried it that way. Can anyone help me with this problem.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am confused is the ncs file a new type of file that is needed for the winmax? I would have thought it needed to be a HNC or an NC (depending on if you have the ISNC option or not). I would think either machine would run a HNC program loaded through the a: or off the network. Fill me in a little and I will try to help.

Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

wWhen I try to import the file the file extension Hurco says its trying to read is a ncs file. On the ultimax controls it pulls up as a hnc file and I just have to change the mask to nc and it works.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would check the options and make sure both machines have ISNC or not. Sounds like one is and one isn't. call me on my cell after 9:30 pm Indiana time. 4:00 pm here now or call me any time after 7:30 tomorrow. 317-408-2684 Jetski. As far as I know all Hurco's take either a .hnc or conversational. ISNC or a .nc is an option. One machine may not have the NC options. I would start there first and give me a call I would be more than happy to help over the phone.

Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Downloads
    Uploads

There are two types on NC programs possible on the Winmax control, BNC ie. Basic NC and ISNC which is essentially Fanuc O. You need to know what your post is generating as there are some differences in the g-code between the two. G-code generated for the Basic NC has a .BNC suffix and the ISNC G-code has a .FNC suffix.

There is also a difference in the tool file between the Conversational side & the NC side, your tool file isn't shared unless you have the Tools & Materials Library option.

If you don't have the Winmax manual, it's on the control as a .pdf file that you can save on your thumb drive and print. There is also a file in the Hurco support faq's that was written to help Ultimax users transition to Winmax. The Winmax manual is there in the faq's as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Try changing the suffix to .HNC or .NC

If you have winmax:
    Load the file from the Program manager.
    If its on a disk. Thats A\
    If its on a USB. Thats E\
    Highlight program and push the load softkey.
    Then go push Input on control.
    Push Program (softkey)
    You can veiw and edit from there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco Answers

Hi, I am an Application Engineer for Hurco. If you would like to give me a call at 317-298-2614 I will be happy to answer any questions, or walk you through anything that you may need. It sounds like a quick phone call could get this resolved in a matter of minutes. The number above is my desk phone. If you ever need to call Hurco for any reason you can call that number, or the main number 317-293-5309 which can get you to the Service department, or Training.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by falkj View Post
    Hi, I am an Application Engineer for Hurco. If you would like to give me a call at 317-298-2614 I will be happy to answer any questions, or walk you through anything that you may need. It sounds like a quick phone call could get this resolved in a matter of minutes. The number above is my desk phone. If you ever need to call Hurco for any reason you can call that number, or the main number 317-293-5309 which can get you to the Service department, or Training.
    Hi there,
    I am Shailesh Sheorey from India can I also will get some help .I have one Hurco KM3P with Ultimax control and I also consider myself one from the family .I have contacted Hurco India but they hardly know this machine .
    Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Loading NC program

Curious, when you load the floppy into the machine go to program manager, disk operations, or load, go to the A floppy drive, can you see the file? if you can what is the error when you try to load it?
    if you can not see the program on the A floppy drive. then you may need to set show all file types to yes,
    Aux key,
    utility screen,
    user preferences,
    user interface F1 about half way down the page set Show all file types to yes.
    If you have winmax use a USB drive, Port is on the side of the control enclosure.