Need Help! Tool probing re-install (TS27R)

Thread: Tool probing re-install (TS27R)

Default Tool probing re-install (TS27R)

I have a BMC30M that was delivered (to me) with a Renishaw TS27R tool probe. It is fully wired in, from what I can tell, but none of the probing menus show on my machine.

I also have the 'Optikey Utility Disk - Probing' floppy.

If the machine wasn't meant to have the tool probing, seems odd to me that it would have been sold with the TS27R all wired in...

Hesitant to try booting to the floppy in case I wipe something and end up with more problems than I currently have!

Can anyone guide me on what I can do to get the tool probing options back in the system and also preferably do a backup in case? I have the full set of Hurco floppies for this machine.

Cheers

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Tool probing re-install (TS27R)

Any suggestions on how to go about re-installing the probing function? Any help much appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you been thru the Machine Tool Builders Operations Manual? If it's installed by them, the only place to find info would be in there.

If it's aftermarket, and a Fanuc control, have you looked to see if any 8000 or 9000 series programs are present on the machine. (You have to change a parameter to see them.) These can be called by M code or G code.

And of course, Renishaw will sell you anything you need.

Thanks for the reply. This is specific to the Hurco Ultimax 3 controls - the probing option needs to be enabled via a floppy.

An update on this: I put the image from the Optikey Probing floppy on my usb and it booted to the Optikey utility, but gives an error of 'device is write protected, empty or faulty' or words to that effect.

There was a piece of paper in my floppy disk folder that said the Optikey disks are single use only - does the machine wipe the disk after install or something? Maybe this machine was upgraded to V1.64 after the probing was installed, and it got lost somehow.