Hurco BMC 50 - stuck on machine configuration

Thread: Hurco BMC 50 - stuck on machine configuration

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco BMC 50 - stuck on machine configuration

Hello! I recentlly bought a Hurco BMC 50 and I have some problems.
    1. The machine starts with the screen from the attached photo and I can not exit that menu. But sometimes it work, if I stop and restart it several times. I know it is a very old machine with very old electronics, but maybe someone met this problem and solved it somehow..

2. When it starts and I try to move y axis manually, it immediatly stops and I recieve "servofehler in y"(yes, it is in german). On the driver fro y axis show no code of error.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hurco BMC 50 - stuck on machine configuration-image0-2-jpg  

Default Re: Hurco BMC 50 - stuck on machine configuration

Not sure if this will help, but I had the exact same issue. Turned out to be stuck keys on the keypad.

(Assuming Ultimax 3 here) look at the PCB under the keypad. There is a flashing green LED bottom left of the board. If it's flashing like crazy at the config screen, you likely have a stuck button.

For me, the conductive silver pads under the membranes on the keypads are a bit oxidised. Hopefully a good clean will sort it out.