Need Help! Sending gcode to Hurco KM3P

Thread: Sending gcode to Hurco KM3P

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sending gcode to Hurco KM3P

I recently purchased a Hurco KM3P machine. I have connected a USB to serial cable to the machine. I have the settings working with hardware handshaking, 9600 baud, 8,1, none. I can download a program from the Hurco to my laptop and send that file from my laptop back to the Hurco. When I look at the file with an editor it looks like gibberish and I am assuming that is because it is a conversational program that was created on the machine. At least that is my guess. When I try to send a gcode file from the laptop to the Hurco, the communications starts and then the Hurco just says "Receiving Data" and doesn't stop till I abort. I believe that there must be something missing at the end of the file or I am not in the correct mode. I am scratching my head at this time. I watched a youtube video of a guy drip feeding to the machine from the laptop but he does not show how he got to the proper screen on the Hurco to do that. This sounds like a lot but I am trying to convey as much information as I can. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using Smart DNC 2015 and CoolTerm for sending and receiving files. Seem to have better luck with CoolTerm.

Thanks!
    Tim