Hurco VM coolant Tank

Thread: Hurco VM coolant Tank

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco VM coolant Tank

I just took possession of a 2005 VM2 however it is lacking the coolant tank and pump. At one point the machine was equipped with the tank and auger however that was lost to the ages apparently. I will probably fabricate my own tank since we have a CNC plasma table and I can take it across the street to have it bent up before welding. Any owners here able to post pictures of the how of the factory drainage setup to get the coolant from the enclosure to the tank so I can have an idea how it was intended? There are two holes in the enclosure where the chips must have gone to the auger and I am planning on covering those with some perforated steel and then making a trough to move the coolant to the tank.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco VM coolant Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Haggismaximus View Post
    I just took possession of a 2005 VM2 however it is lacking the coolant tank and pump. At one point the machine was equipped with the tank and auger however that was lost to the ages apparently. I will probably fabricate my own tank since we have a CNC plasma table and I can take it across the street to have it bent up before welding. Any owners here able to post pictures of the how of the factory drainage setup to get the coolant from the enclosure to the tank so I can have an idea how it was intended? There are two holes in the enclosure where the chips must have gone to the auger and I am planning on covering those with some perforated steel and then making a trough to move the coolant to the tank.
    that's how our VM1 does it. It's just a fine perforated steel sheet over one of the holes (the other is sealed), with a trough running over to the coolant tank.