Need Help! HURCO KM5P Max 32/DSP hard drive type?

Thread: HURCO KM5P Max 32/DSP hard drive type?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HURCO KM5P Max 32/DSP hard drive type?

Hurco KM5P Max 32/DSP I replaced a dead 4.5 v memory battery on the board but when I start machine it wants me to choose hard drive type? I realize that probably all memory went away so thats why it wants me to choose settings. I do not know the previous settings and I do not have any floppy drives. Is there a way to check history of settings ? And if so, How do you go in and check previous settings Thanks in advance Ron

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HURCO KM5P Max 32/DSP hard drive type?

Did you ever figure out the hard drive setup? I'm having a similar problem with my Hurco BMC-20.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tedhur View Post
    Did you ever figure out the hard drive setup? I'm having a similar problem with my Hurco BMC-20.
    yes It works now, I had a dead memory battery and it came up with a different page on start up , i entered the new numbers and it took off and runs. I'm not the expert but I will try to help. Thanks Ron

Downloads
    Uploads

If your situation in a setup menu, did you enter a Disk Type? If so, did you enter the disk type based on a reference somewhere or did you just chance it?

I think I have a dead memory battery as the board seems to lose setting info after a few days of non-operation.

Thanks,

Ted

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tedhur View Post
    If your situation in a setup menu, did you enter a Disk Type? If so, did you enter the disk type based on a reference somewhere or did you just chance it?

I think I have a dead memory battery as the board seems to lose setting info after a few days of non-operation.

Thanks,

Ted
    Here is what I put in and it loaded and ran , after I bought a battery pack that held regular batteries and plugged back into board, air pressure good , started machine and it came up to that page for settings, I have Rev 1.64 entered following hard drive type 48, #cylinders 1024, heads 16 precomp 0, landing zone 0, # SECTORS 50, capacity 400 , RAM CONFIGURATION 4 mb, entered , restart worked, homed xyz , now able to jog , hope this helps out . I did not load and floppy drive to bring back any settings Rondal

Sent from my iPhone

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, Ron, for the information. Can't hurt to try your setting, so I'll try Type 48 and see what happens.