Hurco KMB1 3 Phase to Single Phase Conversion

Thread: Hurco KMB1 3 Phase to Single Phase Conversion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hurco KMB1 3 Phase to Single Phase Conversion

Hello, I purchased a Hurco KMB1, I have not powered it yet, I only have single phase power in my shop and everything that requires 3 phase runs on VFDs.
    I have a 3HP Huanyang VFD and I would like to use it. The machine currently has a Yaskaka Electric CIMR-G5U22P2 3HP 3 Phase VFD on it.
    I don't have any schematics and have just started to work on it. My main concerns right now are whether or not I can use the transformers that
    are in it in a single phase configuration. I am also looking for any schematics if anyone has them, that would be helpful. Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco KMB1 3 Phase to Single Phase Conversion

I have not worked on a KM 1, but have a KM 3
    The Control itself runs on single phase, so when I got my mill, I changed the wiring
    My 220/240 single phase goes through the door switch and directly powers the control transformer (s)
    This powers the servos and the control boards and the keyboard module
    It also powers the 5 HP Hitachi VFD for the Mill Motor - but does not run the spindle
    The motor relay controls the on/off switch on the VFD .
    So when I turn on the power, everything lights up including the VFD but the spindle only turns when the
    program calls for it .
    I am not sure if a 3 HP VFD is big enough for the 3 HP motor on the Hurco, so I went with a 5 HP rated unit and have never had a fault or failure.