Hello,

Firstly, let me say that I am in I.T. So, I have no idea about several engineering concepts.

The main board on this unit failed last year. It had the earliest build of Windows 95 on it, Intel 486 CPU, and 7 ISA slots. It had Ultipath software version 1.0.0.1. There were no other main boards like it that I could find on line. So, I opted to order a new main board from NIXSYS, which specializes in new boards that require old technology (specifically the ISA slots). This is so it could use the old Machine I/O, and Servo cards. We had no software installation disks. So, I had to take the current hard drive, and do what I could. I had to upgrade the Windows 95 OS to Windows 98 to get the OS to work on the new board. Otherwise, the pre-existing Windows 95 installation would blue screen without loading completely. It boots into Windows 98, and loads Ultipath flawlessly, except, I get the error "Machine I / O board watchdog has timed out." A few minutes later, another error pops up, "A problem has been detected with the security key."

So, could this Security Key, keep the Machine I/O card from powering up other peripherals attached to it? The board has a green status light lit on it, but nothing that attaches to it will power up. I have the key connected to the parallel port.

I've read that I might need an Optikey.exe software disk to check the key.

Does anyone know where I can get this disk, or an image of it? I'm guessing that if I get the electronic key to work, the Watchdog I/O error will go away. I also read that the electronic key might take into account the original hard drive settings (number of cylinders / sectors, and such). Is this true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side question: Can the software be updated on this unit?

Thanks