Need Help! Servo jitters at idle

Thread: Servo jitters at idle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servo jitters at idle

After rebuilding a harness and finding a broken wire in the x axis limit switch i regained power to my x axis. It now occilates when the amps are powered up. If i swap boards it stays at x of i swap harnesses it stays with x. Y axis does not jitter when swaping iether and acts notmal except it sounds very faintley like it speeds up a milisecond then goes back to normal for a revolution or so then up thrn back. I tried the board tuning for the servo dynamics amps and also rezeroed then retuned. It will take input for movement while jittering but does end up faulting out. Voltage looks good from power supply at 4.9 11.9 and 25.8. When a tech came for the orriginal issue I tried to see if it would jog from the servo tune menu but because of the disconected limit switch it would not. Did i screw up the tune as it auto saves to matrix 4? Its a diffrent servo then the orriginal as the old also occilated and i thought bad encoder. Does it need to be re-tuned? This is a hawk 5m dual screen sd amps and baldor servo

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

After trouble shooting and loooking I wondered if thr tach leads were opposite on the x harness vs y. Flipped them and seem to have gotten it back under control. Seems i keep answering my own problems sorry to hog the forum space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandvet03 View Post
    After rebuilding a harness and finding a broken wire in the x axis limit switch i regained power to my x axis. It now occilates when the amps are powered up. If i swap boards it stays at x of i swap harnesses it stays with x. Y axis does not jitter when swaping iether and acts notmal except it sounds very faintley like it speeds up a milisecond then goes back to normal for a revolution or so then up thrn back. I tried the board tuning for the servo dynamics amps and also rezeroed then retuned. It will take input for movement while jittering but does end up faulting out. Voltage looks good from power supply at 4.9 11.9 and 25.8. When a tech came for the orriginal issue I tried to see if it would jog from the servo tune menu but because of the disconected limit switch it would not. Did i screw up the tune as it auto saves to matrix 4? Its a diffrent servo then the orriginal as the old also occilated and i thought bad encoder. Does it need to be re-tuned? This is a hawk 5m dual screen sd amps and baldor servo

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo jitters at idle

On the contrary Sandvet03 , I think your post will help others to identify similar issues.
    Thank you for the follow up and great to hear the problem was resolved !

Rich