Floppy disk...

Thread: Floppy disk...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Floppy disk...

Our old mill still uses it those floppy disk...those disk aren’t enough o memory storage...how do u guys do it if program is more than the disk limit at 1.44 mb? I see there’s a USB on the side and called my buddy but he said it doesn’t work or was never setup?? Why is it there and no use? Isn’t that the same on yours? My mill is a VMX 30 year 2006

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Floppy disk...

Man I hope you found a answer. if not here it is. there are 3 way to do it.
    the old machines running ultimax you have to drip feed the nc programs via Serial interface.
    you happen to have ultinet option you can download program from FTP server, if not last option
    Upgrade to winmax. If the machine is in good mechanical order, accurate, and gives you very few problems it will be worth the upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmmmm.....with my infinite ignorance of the set-up you have I think I would get the floppy disk drive ripped out and get a tech guy to install a USB one...........maybe not as simple as that, but dinosaurs died out many years ago due to obsolescence.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

All the USB to floppy controllers still only allow 1.44mb size, it will allow you to put a bunch of 1.44mb files on the usb. but the space for each program will only be 1.44mb max.
    That wont solve his file size problem

Downloads
    Uploads

I would think that the aspect of floppy storage should be totally eradicated from the picture and a revamp of the system indulged in, otherwise you'll still have the low floppy capacity problem...........heck even we humble home workers and hobbiests use USB flash drive storage and that's in gigabytes.
    Ian.