Upgrading from Peak 715 to Peak 777

Thread: Upgrading from Peak 715 to Peak 777

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Upgrading from Peak 715 to Peak 777

HI,
    We have a vmx 24 with a 715 board that has failed to recognise the HDD after having all the capacitors on the mobo replaced (they had leaked everywhere although the board still worked we got them done). i have a pretty extensive background with pc's etc and the peak 715 is just that a pc. i suspected it may have dropped the cmos settings but the board should have still detected a hdd there upon boot. we bought another 715 board that had the cmos cleared and it could detect the hdd no problem but would halt on the error for the cmos being reset. there came our next problem the ps/2 connector doesnt work and we cant get past the "press f1 to continue" replacing the conector itself did nothing so im guessing its the controller for that that has gone. Anyway we now have a brand new peak 777 new sata HDD adapters etc etc and was wondering if anyone has ever done this upgrade on a hurco we have the install disks for v2-37-03e which when we spoke to hurco they said it makes it an easier upgrade as we are using this. i plan to do the upgrade in the next day or so. is it going to be as straight forward as formatting using fdisk and setting the hdd parameters etc and the same with the bios settings or am i going to run into some other problems? am i missing something or is it pretty straight forward any advice would be greatly appreciated i thought id ask now before running into the problems later.

Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Upgrading from Peak 715 to Peak 777

When they said easier to up grade I think they were talking about winmax.
    Ultimax and Peak777 is a pain, unless they built the SSD for you. You will need some special patch disks to load ultimax on the peak777.

Some peak 715 default to auto detect mode after the CMOS is cleared, some time the default says at MODE0, Not all CMOS defaults are the same.

peak715 HDD should be set for mode0 it will not auto detect the HDD, You wont see the HDD in the post screen. but if you enter CMOS you will see it under the Standard CMOS setting screen,
    You have to set the cylinders heads and sectors then put the set access mode LBA.
    you should have hurco send you the CMOS settings for the peak715

What state are you in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not too tricky. Needs to run the HDD as IDE and a certain BIOS setup. Once loaded from the standard 2.37.03e disks, it will need a different Executive file and English language file loaded after upgrading. Easily done if you can tak the HDDout and attach it with a USB cable to a PC.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI thanks for the info, sorry i took so long to get back, got the board installed now and fired up. the old ide hdd is detected boots okay untill i hit the verifying dmi pool data i have tryed the cmos settings for the hdd that i found on the hurco original manual we had with the machine but they dont seem to work, am i going down the correct path here? or have i missed something. also i am in the u.k

Downloads
    Uploads

Got an email address?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Got an email address?
    hi yes stivheys@live.co.uk