Need Help! VSX 24 Swing arm toolchanger problem

Thread: VSX 24 Swing arm toolchanger problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VSX 24 Swing arm toolchanger problem

HELP PLEASE !!! I have a year 2000 VSX24 with SSM control and swing arm toolchanger. I was just loading a tool from the spindle into an empty tool pot and the empty end of the toolchange arm managed to clip the airblast loc line and wedge it between the top of the arm and bottom of spindle stopping the toolchange. I e-stopped it and removed the obstruction and tool at the other end and powered back up, the arm lifted about 30mm and there was a nasty clunk and the arm is now slightly out of line under the spindle and the control thinks it's up when it's right down. In the atc diagnostics page it won't let me rotate the arm, there's no error message, it just doesn't do it. It won't let me lift it either as it's not at 0 degrees What's the procedure to safely reset it please... Many thanks Phil

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by bezelchuck; 02-02-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VSX 24 Swing arm toolchanger problem

There is only one fixed place on the toolchanger and that’s the part where it goes up and down. If the arm is in the down position, turn the air off and drain the tank on the back of the machine. Next, move the arm round by hand until it is in the right positon to lift it in line with the spindle. Lift it about half an inch and block it there then gently raise the air pressure to about 30psi. The bottom rack should move into place then lower the arm back into it. Raise the air pressure back up and recover with diagnostics to home.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. Many thanks for your reply. I have just tried this and on applying air again after resetting the arm is now staying low and inline with the spindle.
    Neither of the proximity lights are on for 0 or 60 degrees, atc diagnostics says arm low and it is but neither 0 or 60 degs is lit up what should I do next?
    The initial problem occurred at 180 degrees, is that where it thinks it is now? I'm new to these Hurco's and don't want to make a mistake. Thanks Phil

Downloads
    Uploads

Right.
    First, locate the solenoid valves for the toolchanger (under the little door on the toolchanger).
    Take any tools out of the arm by pressing the little pin near the centre of the arm and pulling the tool out.
    Take the drive keys out of the spindle nose noting location and direction of the keys.the solenoids have little actuator buttons. Make sure the servos are on and there is air to the toolchanger.
    Press the right middle button (arm 60 degrees). It won’t move but it will ensure the top rack is in the right place.
    Press the left bottom button (arm up).
    Press the left middle button (arm 0 degrees).
    Press the left top button (tool pocket up).
    Refit the drive keys to the spindle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've followed your instructions, which worked perfectly, and am up and running again. Thank you so much, I owe you a beer or 3.
    I've a much better understanding of the sequence of operation of my tool changer now which I'm sure will come in useful in the future....
    Cheers
    Phil

Downloads
    Uploads

No worries, fella! They aren’t that complicated inside. Glad to help.

Downloads
    Uploads

By the way, where in the UK are ya? I may have worked on your machine in the past.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in West Sussex and bought the machine recently from the Coventry area.... It's been excellent so far....

Downloads
    Uploads

Coventry. I’ve been to a lot of places up there so very likely to have worked on it.