Build Thread Hurco KMB1 upgrade - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Hurco KMB1 upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurco KMB1 upgrade

I will haul it over split in half. So gantry crane will lift it no problem. I just got a price to move it for $400 to just pick it up a drive it to new shop next door with fork lift.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys here are some videos on the steps I took to get this in paint,along with a final walkaround. Getting very close to move in date...I need to get my butt in gear!

Downloads
    Uploads

Little update on the KMB1 build.
    During a strange turn of events I no longer own the Hurco mill. Wife and I decided to build a new home and during the sale the new owner decided to purchase the Hurco from me. I was hesitant to sale it since it was ready for electronics,but did make it easier on me not needing to move it.

So consider this project closed

Downloads
    Uploads

I ended up buying this mill from the new owner at the end of January. It was the exact type of project I was looking for. We picked it up and moved it a few days ago. That thing is heavy. The loader we brought wouldn't pick it up so we had to run down to the rental place a few miles away and rent an small boom lift. Its sitting on a trailer in my parents barn for now until I can line up a way to pick it up off the trailer and set it in my shop.

I plan on continuing the retrofit using an Centroid Acorn board. They have a lot of neat features including that 4th axis control.

Were there any spare parts that you left, or was it just the mill and the operator panel/station? More or less I'm looking for the way lube system and the power electronics. I would rather reuse some of the old fuse holders and power supply components instead of designing my own circuit boards from scratch.

Thanks for your time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456