Hurco Ultimax Controller - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurco Ultimax Controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, all you'd need to do would be transfer the EPROMs across form the old to the new.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well we sent the board out to be repaired and it came back today. Put it back in its slot and powered on the machine. There are no more orange lines and random characters. However the display just shows the blinking orange cursor in the bottom left corner.

Downloads
    Uploads

The next step would be to see if there is a comms fault between the CPU and the CRT controller.
    I'd replace the MC1488 and MC1489 ICs on the CRT controller and the CPU. They are under the graphics board on the CPU labelled U14 and U15.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

wondering if when the board was rebuilt, did we lose the programming?

Downloads
    Uploads

the only way to find that out would be to individually checksum the EPROM set.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do we do that?

Downloads
    Uploads

You would need an EPROM programmer. It's not likely that the program has been lost as they are erased by exposing the little window under the label to UV light. Have you checked that all the EPROMs are in the right order from U65 through to U76?

Last edited by bloke; 02-25-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On the report from the place that repaired the board it says customers programming will have to be reinstalled. We dont have the original program. Any idea where we could get it.

Downloads
    Uploads

They didn't remove the EPROMs did they? You should have a set of 12 chips with little stickers on them with the numbers of the sockets they go in marked on the top. I think they meant the programs that the machine will cut rather than the master program.
    If it does have the EPROMs and the stickers on them are intact, I think it'll be OK.
    If you did lose the master program, you'd need to find somebody with the same board and software and copy them or contact Hurco to have them re-programmed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All set with that problem. I have just a general question now. At the end of the day should I leave the machine on or kill the main breaker in the back. I cant find any other way to shut the machine or controller down. But flipping the main switch in the back every day doesnt sound like its the best/only option.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, does anyone know how to use the calculator function on the ultimax 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Just use it like a calculator. If you are entering a number (say, 20mm for arguments sake) and you want to double it, press 20 x 2 then enter.
    If you have a value already in a field and want to add 20, then press 20 + enter and it will add 20 to the value in the field. The same for subtracting numbers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    It's the board behind the CPU in the slot next to the first tall board (personality card).
    You may or may not have a disk controller board in the slot directly behind the CPU.
    Hi Bloke, I have hurco km3p .I have suddenly started flopy disc reading error/problem. Iam having error massage " soft disc error"when I select list directory. Previously it used to show stored programs. What could be the problem.
    Regards,
    Shailesh Sheorey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12