Do You Want To Know What Time It Is? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Want To Know What Time It Is?

Downloads
    Uploads

Copper Sulfate is poisonous, but you can touch it without any ill effects, just don't eat/drink the stuff.

I will try to send you a picture of the setup, but basically your part IS one of the electrodes, the other copper electrode must not touch your part.

PS...it might take me a while to draw a picture, but there should be some info about it on the internet, if you find a good website,
    could you post it? (i'm getting sorta interested again)

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi There,

I just looked at the Caswell site. Interesting. Their kits could be good for small runs of parts without alot of bother and setup.
    They talk about when you plate steel with copper that you need a nickle plate underneath. How nescessary is that? For my application I would be looking for the copper color and some resistance to the steel rusting. Otherwise I think that a rustic or not perfect finish would look nice. If the steel started rusting underneath or the copper started flaking off I don't think that would do.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Although I've never used any of their plating kits, just their anodizing supplies, I would listen to their advice. Every little corner I tried to cut with my anodizing kit ended up not working... Their way is one of the cheapest available for home use. Might not be the best solution if you only want to do 1 or 2 parts, but if you want to do 10-20, it'll probably pay for itself.

If you only want 1 or 2 parts finished (plated, anodized, polished, etc...), visit their finishing forum. There's lots of people there that have bought their kits and learned to use them selling their services as small-batch platers. It's kinda nice, rather than the $100-$500 minimum batch costs you'll find at most platers.

My name is Electric Nachos. Sorry to impose, but I am the ocean.
    http://www.bryanpryor.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As a side note to your sun dial thread here is a pic of my interpretation of a sun dial.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do You Want To Know What Time It Is?-sun-clock-013-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12