PINEWOOD DERBY - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PINEWOOD DERBY

Downloads
    Uploads

GO speed racer, GO speed racer, !!! LOL

Heck, I can't wait to see the new movie coming out!
    I always loved it as a kid after school.

Gotta start workin on a 3d version for next year!!!

Have to check on some cherry wood!!

More wood chips in the work-shop, YEAH!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking More from the Pit Crew!

Finally got some time to tinker with some 3d stuff, had some foam laying around so I thought I would take a shot at it!!! This is the first cut, not to bad?
    I'll keep workin on it some more, hope I can get it done in time for RACE DAY!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1364-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1365-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1366-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1367-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

that batman car is cool anyway of getting a step file or iges file thanks robert.g.copeland@ngc.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was about 13-14 and I literally BUILT cars for the neighbor kid and my cousin. No CNC's, no cheated up mold machines, a kid building a car for a kid. THis was back in 1964. Mine were essentialy dupes of a Lotus Ford Indy car of the day hence I lay claim to the first REVERSED pinewood derby car ala what the designs shown are copies of .

Both cars kicked a$$ when it came to racing the eliminations One race, the elims and finals were all on one day. We won that so bad it was silly. Car was a bullet

The second deal was on TV with a kids show. Your ran elims on mon thru thurs, come back friday for the run off - winner got a trip to indy 500

THis deal was lame as they had a good lane and 2-3 bad ones, like the car would literally jump in the air after hitting a bump in the track. We stood a chance on any lane EXCEPT the two real bad ones. Darn if we didn't draw a bad one.

Even so we finished second - the car was a bullet and out ahead by a foot and pulling away until it hit the bump.

THe kids' deal was bad enough, I can't imagine what a "parents" race would involve.

CNC chassis, polyechnomorphic treatment of titanium zirconium unobtanium wheels. Don't forget the wind tunnel work.

IF a father dumped my kid's car on the floor, I"d perhaps fall into the table and take out the whole batch. Fair is fair, no?

THe fathers who pulled such crap scarred epople for life with their home boy stuff. THis and ohter posts above PROOVE IT. IF we got screwed with PD racing, we NEVER Forgot it. Thanks to the fine pillars of the community, rotten SOB's taht they were..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default More Pics

Cars have wheels, need fine tuning and paint!
    Hope gravity is on my side!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1382-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1381-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1380-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1379-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Almost Finished!

Got paint!
    Just a little more detail and Racer X better move over!
    Hey Trixie, Wanna go for a ride!!! LOL

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1393-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1394-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1395-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMoog View Post
    Got paint!
    Just a little more detail and Racer X better move over!
    Hey Trixie, Wanna go for a ride!!! LOL
    Beautiful, now I want to build one again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Megamoog,

Very kewl Derby cars!

Where are you located we are in Gurnee?

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Final Details b4 race

Got group shot of cars.
    My sons, daughters, wifes and mine.
    Family affair.
    Race is this weekend!

Hope we can come home with some trophies!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PINEWOOD DERBY-pinewood-cars-2009-001-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-pinewood-cars-2009-002-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-pinewood-cars-2009-003-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Pack WINNER!

All our hard work payed off!
    Just check out the smiles! (Third from left)
    Trophies too!

Now on to the district race.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1412-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1413-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1439-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1444-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can u say DOMINATION?

YES!
    YES!
    YES!

He did it again, went to district and had a blast!
    Came home with two more trophies, and a very proud family!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1478-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1480-jpg   PINEWOOD DERBY-100_1477-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome, congrats again!

Feel like sharing the code for the Mach 5?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PINEWOOD DERBY

Do any of you guys have 3D models for these cool cars?

Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi guys. a friend asked me to cut out a car for his son on a bandsaw but since im a cnc operator i really wanted to make something nicer for him. i dont have alot of skill in 3d solid cad drawing i can so some . i was looking for a place to obtain a file so i can cut a car on a 3 axis cnc. anyone who would share a file with me. would greatly appreciate your help thanks . or someplace i can go to get one thanks again

I don't have any tips, but it's my sons first pinewood derby this year and I'd love if you put up your finished product for some ideas!

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a good YouTube video tutorial of Fusion 360 and a Pinewood Derby Car by Patrick Rainsberry

Hope this helps,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been working on a new site to help excite kids about manufacturing through CNC machining pinewood derby cars. I just finished a tutorial on making custom pinewood derby wheels. I have a little promo video here. I've been modeling like mad the past few month in my spare time and working on my website integration. I'm working on new tutorials and models every day but thanks to the new president, my aerospace day job is crazy busy, I'm not complaining. Anyway if you have any requests or ideas you'd like to see feel free to make a request. My tutorials so far have revolved around the most basic 3040 CNC engraving machine from ebay. This way I can show what can be done with a cheap machine. I have a large 4x4 CNC router and square column mill that I will be starting a new set of tutorials on soon so check back often.

Send me feedback to what you'd like to see in tutorials or models thanks.

Here is a promo video for my programming 101 tutorial. It's a little long winded for the absolute beginner.

www.pinewoodcnc.com Pinewood derby car solid models & tutorials.
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/Pinewood-CNC-122521675049270/

Downloads
    Uploads

So I have a new tutorial out on using Alibre / CAM to create an indy car and the steps I took to program it. I also have a little tutorial on finishing the car with custom printable decals. This is a free trial model so give it a shot it's a fun car to machine because some of the parts are so thin. Don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel (Pinewood CNC) so you'll get updates on new videos.

Model: Pinewood CNC SPORT 4

Programming Tutorial:

Decal Tutorial:

PINEWOOD DERBY-dsc_0081-jpgPINEWOOD DERBY-dsc_0078-jpgPINEWOOD DERBY-dsc_0072-jpg

www.pinewoodcnc.com Pinewood derby car solid models & tutorials.
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/Pinewood-CNC-122521675049270/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12